PistolWorld.com

The Friendliest Pistol Forum on the Internet!

Advertising

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Affordable night sights
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:43 pm 
.22 cal

Weather resistant, super bright, super dense formula embedded in industrial grade weather resistant medium.
visit: http://glow-on.com/index.html
Glow-On™Super Phosphorescent is a high density formula, extremely luminescent, created to be a long lasting, cost effective, weather resistant durable and efficient water based luminescent medium for multiple applications.

-It's the most affordable phosphorescent pigment in its class.
-One vial is enough for 25 pistols or a dozen fishing lures.
-Long afterglow: It glows for up to 12 hours.
-Glow-On™ is ten times brighter than similar products.
-Glow-On™ is easy to apply, it does not need a primer or base due ti its high density.
-Water based: Glow-On™ is easy to clean before it dries, unlike oil based products which are smelly and messy to deal with.
-Environmentally safe: Glow-On™ is non-toxic, non-radioactive, non-flammable.
-Glow-On™ Phosphorescent capabilities will last for at least 10 years. Excitation and emission can be repeated indefinitely.
-Super concentrated: Our phosphorescent formula is the brightest formula available.

"This technology offers up to 10 times better brightness than previous zinc sulfide based materials."( Wikipedia )

Easy to apply, it will resist any weather.

Glow-On™ Super Phosphorescent Paint single vial with instructions and 2 applicators,
starts at US$ 9.89 plus S&H US$ 3.42

Glow-On™ Super Phosphorescent Paint single vial with instructions and 2 applicators
plus Self Adhesive material only US15.89 plus S&H US$ 3.42[/b]

For the months of August and September, with every purchase of Glow-On™,( single vial or single vial plus self adhesive) members of this forum and visitors to this page will receive an extra appreciation package with ten squares and two small strips of Glow-On™ Self Adhesive at no extra cost to use on at least ten rear sights, or a couple of remote controls etc.

http://glow-on.com/purchase.html
ImageImage
Some examples

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Luminous gun sights paint for a backyard scan.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:56 pm 
.22 cal

Default Luminous gun sights paint for a backyard scan.

Haven't used my glow on for a while and now when I go to use it I see that
it has hardened quite a bit in the bottle. Can I loosen it up with some water or
something else?

This happens as the water content in the small bottle evaporates and the mix seizes , which it's intended to do while it dries.
This happens to any kind of paint over a period of time, specially if the jar, can, vial, is very small or if the amounts of paint are very small.

To solve this issue we just add a couple of drops of water and the mix will re-acquire the paint consistency, that is creamy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a different note, yesterday we installed new security lights and cameras outside a friends house and we took some photos with a couple of sidearms. We were trying to simulate what our Glow-On enhanced gun sights would look while we scanned the area.

Of course in the presence of bright light Glow-On initial glow is not incredible. In any case, we were happily surprised to see our product performing very well while we walked for several minutes around the area.
Needles to say, we exposed the gun sights to the small 6 LED pocket flashlights we all carry in our pockets. But, only for a period of about five seconds.

Post subject: Can you keep reviving the glow with an led flashlight indefi
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:03 pm 
.22 cal

Quote:
Can you keep reviving the glow with an led flashlight indefinitely or is there a point where the light will not revive?
Thanks,
Terry

The glow cycle can be repeated millions of time for a period of about ten years. 3-5 seconds of light exposure are enough to get you going
When exposed to daylight the response is almost instantaneous. In fact the material is always glowing but its glow is only perceived when one moves to a shady area or one enters a building.

Find Glow-On at:
glow-on.com
Amazon.com
eBay

Post subject: Could you tell me which color has the best visibility day an
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:44 am 
.22 cal

Quote:
Could you tell me which color has the best visibility day and night?
mustang, OK

I'm particularly partial to yellow and green, if you want to have a day color on your sights.
That is, in daylight it looks yellow or green Vs. the greenish white which the Glow-On original shows.

Post subject: Glow-On: "A must have for gun owners"
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:20 pm 
.22 cal

Quote:
Do you take a us postal money as payment if so send let me know were to send it thanks

Yes, please calculate the price plus the shipping cost using our purchase page here .
Choose the product you are interested in.
click on the "add to cart" button and you'll be taken to the PayPal shopping cart.
Enter your zip code and click "calculate"
Now you know the total of the purchase.
At the bottom of this page there is a PO Box address where to send your money order.

Now, this is especially true for gun owners whom like us, have a collection of firearms:
Glow-On is a must have for gun owners. If you have a number of firearms, chances are you'll find it helpful for things like a nocturnal varmint inventory liquidation program or such.
Which, I'll say it, is hopefully the most action our firearms will see besides the gun range.

Post subject: Re: Affordable night sights
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:46 pm 
.38 cal

DANG, kind of expensive stuff!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:05 pm 
.22 cal

Road Rat wrote:
DANG, kind of expensive stuff!!!!!!!!!!

Respectfully and generally speaking, things are expensive if one doesn't have them when one needs them.
In other words, things that cannot be bought with money are expensive.

However I throw this over the table for consideration:

Post subject: Glow in the dark gun sights paint question
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:53 pm 
.22 cal

Quote:
I have a question. I bought this and it doesn't seem to stay glowing for very long for me. I'm wondering if I applied it properly or not (most likely not). I had put a drop into my sights and then after it was dry I applied some more to build it up. I can hold a flashlight on it for 1 minute and go to bed but by the time I wake up 6 hours later - absolutely nothing. So, also can one get it off to reapply if I really did do it wrong. If so, how?

A bit of troubleshooting:
-The paint was mixed well before I used it, the solids tend to go to the bottom.
-Is the application thick enough? The dot on the cap of the vial is a good comparative point.
- To remove the paint, the easiest way is to pry it off with a plastic tool, fork, utensil, etc (not metal as it will scratch the finish on your firearm).
If the paint has been for a few months and it's very hard, use a cotton swab and a bit of nail varnish remover, touch the paint a couple of times. This will soften it and then rub it off. do this carefully, acetone will affect the finish on plastic pieces/parts of your gun and/or some finish. True blued finish will not be affected.

From our website:

For how long will it glow after full exposure?

Full charge can be achieved in a few seconds under a small LED flashlight.
Under daylight, this happens almost instantaneously.
Under daylight, Glow-On constantly emits and reflects light, making the transition from illuminated to dark areas very smooth.

The afterglow duration time is 1200 minutes until decay is complete (as tested at the laboratory).
This means the phosphorescent activity ends completely at that time. To the human eye it is perceptible 5-7 hours, depending on individual sensitivity.

The initial glow is very bright, brighter than tritium, and it starts to decay slowly for hours. If you have good night vision (natural human eye adaptation to the dark) the glow will be clearly perceived by you all night long, even if it is faint.
A couple of seconds under a led flashlight will revive the glow to its fullest.
This cycle can be repeated millions of times during the life of the product which is about ten years.
Home Page | Products | Advantages | Gun Sights Paint | Fishing Lures | Electronics | Stars Paint | Bead Work | Nail Art | Steel Bracelet | Tips & Support | Gallery | Video Tutorials | Purchase | Contact Us | Site Map

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:31 pm 
.22 cal

Quote:
I opened my vial of paint after just 6 months and it's almost dry. What can I do to fix this?

Paint has the tendency to dry up in very small containers. The change in humidity, temperature and atmospheric pressure will dry your paint inside the small vial.
To counteract this tendency:
Add a few drops of water at a time and stir until it recovers its creamy texture. If it's completely dry, a new vial is in order.

How to take care of your paint:
After every use, add some clean water on top of the paint left inside. Don't mix it at this point, just close the vial and sore it standing on its base .
Next time you use it, spill the excess of water, stir again and you are ready to paint.

Done this way, your small vial will last for a long time.

Glow-on will not come off your clothes. Wash immediately with soap and water.

Find Glow-On at:
glow-on.com
Amazon.com
eBay

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:18 pm 
.22 cal

Enhance your gun sights with Glow-On.
If you haev a piece dedicated to varmint control, put Glow-On to the test.
For the price of a fast food meal
You can find it here:

Find Glow-On at:
glow-on.com
Amazon.com
eBay

We ship fast

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:58 pm 
.22 cal

Quote:
Do I really need to apply a transparent varnish on top of the sights? It looks good to me just like that, without it.

Glow-On has a bit of tooth after it dries. It becomes evident after a few days when the synthetic media shrinks around the glow particles which have different sizes.
It feels a bit like sand paper.
The transparent nail varnish adds a very smooth surface which will not hold dust, or gun powder particles. In fact all one has to do is to rub a paper towel over it and the sooth is gone.

Quote:
Does it have to be nail polish stuff, can I find something better at the hardware store?

There are options, nothing below the US30.00 mark is better than a good quality vial of nail polish ( US3.00-5.00 )

Find Glow-On at:
glow-on.com
Amazon.com
eBay

Post subject: A question for Glow-On
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:20 pm 
.22 cal

Quote:
I saw a kit with strips and squares is that still available? And If so in blue too?

The small strips and squares were phased out by he self adhesive sheets we are shipping with some our products.

So now one gets a bit more than before at the same price.
We are constantly trying o improve our products looking for better materials and as a consequence our paint is 20% brighter than it was originally.

Quote:
And If so in blue too?

We are producing blue paint at the present, the blue glow sheet is in the plans

Before:

After:

Post subject: How heat resistant is the original glow-on?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:09 pm 
.22 cal

Quote:

How heat resistant is the original glow-on?

I was thinking of putting some around the base of the headlight bulbs in my car so that once I turn the headlights off they will glow.

Will Glow-on hold up under this type of heat or will it burn or smoke?

Thanks for such interesting question. In fact we've tried something similar with small LED lamps.
Glow-On Original will stand the temperatures of the sights mounted over a hot barrel.
I think, however, that the temps on a headlights lamp will be too high if the paint is too close.
I any case a bit further away from the lam should work and it will create a real cool effect.
Here are a few photos to illustrate the effect on a small LED lamp:

A small tutorial is in order, I'll oblige later today
Find Glow-On at:
glow-on.com
Amazon.com

eBay

Post subject: Glow-On: If like me, you having problems reading small text.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:02 pm 
.22 cal

For the last couple of year I noticed a couple of tendencies befalling me. The first one is the difficulty to focus on small text when I'm reading. The second one which is a consequence of the first one it the tendency to constantly check reading glasses when I go to the store to see if my vision improves, should I decide to purchase the aforementioned devices, which I won't because I have to admit I'm still on denial about the whole thing.

In any case, this situation translates into extra time trying to focus on my gun sights, especially the ones with small 1/16" little dots.
To remedy this, I use Glow-On to make those dots bigger and the self adhesive to cover whole sights like the photo below. The result is a bit unorthodox, but I'm not a purist, life being as eclectic as it is, I don't have a choice.

So if you guys are in the same boat:
Make the markings bigger, it helps.
And since there is no need for a white base coat before the luminescent paint application, the process is absolutely painless.

Find Glow-On at:
glow-on.com
Amazon.com
eBay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:57 pm 
.22 cal

Quote:
Gato sent me a sample of this stuff when he first got on this forum. I applied it exactly like he said to do. I was surprised on how well it worked. Not to long after I decided to move up into the open division so I got me a couple of STI race guns and the old 45 ACP went into the safe never to be seen again. It most have been in a safe well over 18 months and today I took it out just to tell it that I still loved it. I had it out for about a half hour and when I went to put it back in the safe I noticed that the glow on still worked like it did when I first put it on. Folks this is some good stuff. You cant go wrong here.

Good news and good to hear from you dear friend, is good to know things are working out for you, please don't hesitate to contact me if you need Glow-On for you or your pals, I mean it

On the other side of the spectrum :

Quote:
Hello,t his flourescent paint only glows for less than 15 minutes. I have tried different size dots and all fade quickly. Pretty crappy results.

Inside of every pecan nut there is a nice treat, or a Pecan tree full of treats.

Fact is, very few things will work right from the get go. Like a pair of new boots, one has to figure it out

It takes awhile to figure out how this paint will work for you.
In a world of instant gratification, we are used to instant gratification. Even seemingly instant gratifiers like lasers and red dots will take some time until one can match the mark with the shot.
Glow-On is old school and as such it requires some time to "discover it".

True the initial glow is so strong that can be disheartening to see it fading away.
However, the initial glow is just that, initial glow, it will level to a faint glow which is where this product excels and in deep darkness it hard to beat because it will not negate you natural adaptation and night vision.

The big surprise is really how well Glow-On performs during the day hours, easing the transition between sun lit areas and shady areas. An this is because Glow-On "glows" during the day too.

So if any of you run one of those tracks where you move from one position to another and shoot, and one of the stops is coming from under a car, from inside a drain duct or such, give Glow-On a try.

Find Glow-On here:
glow-on.com
Amazon.com
eBay

Now this post wouldn't be complete if I don't paste a good picture of our product, so, here it is: