PistolWorld.com

The Friendliest Pistol Forum on the Internet!

Advertising

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Do FN handguns deserve their own 'I Love My...' heading?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:16 pm 
.22 cal

With the recent release of the FNP-45, in addition to the existence of the FNP-9 and the FNP-40, is there enough interest in FN handguns to warrant a manufacturer's heading? I own both an FNP-45 (14 + 1 DA/SA polymer) and a Glock 21SF (13 + 1 safe-action polymer), and the FNP-45 is superior to the Glock in every category, IMO. The grip circumference even is smaller, though the FN holds one more round. And it's 'way more accurate. Just a thought.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: re: Do FN handguns deserve their own 'I Love My...' heading?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:09 pm 

I think it would be a good idea. Don't forget the Five Seven.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:15 am 
.22 cal

Ever since I got a FNP-40 I have been watching for discussions of this weapon but haven't seen much. I would greatly benefit from more focus on FNP pistols because then I could decide whether the one I got is a lemon or the design is faulty. Also I would be curious as to whether my bad experience with FNP's customer service was an isolated experience or they are trying to minimize their liability for a bad model. Mine wouldn't drop the mag after the last round and after a long stay in their shop it still didn't work. The gunsmith I bought it from fixed it overnight. OK, so anyway now my pistol is a good shooter and accurate when it shoots but seems very picky about ammo. Sometimes it won't cycle about every four rounds but then will get all the way through a practical pistol match by changing the brand of ammo. Then later it's back to the same intermittent problem. It's broken in, I put about a thousand rounds through it. Also, I have tried different loads, etc. I guess I should pursue the warrantee much harder. Anyone else have any problems?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:46 pm 
.38 cal

I think it would be a good idea, I like my FNp-40!

Post subject: Re: re: Do FN handguns deserve their own 'I Love My...' head
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:53 pm 
.38 cal

RiverratMike wrote:
Ever since I got a FNP-40 I have been watching for discussions of this weapon but haven't seen much. I would greatly benefit from more focus on FNP pistols because then I could decide whether the one I got is a lemon or the design is faulty. Also I would be curious as to whether my bad experience with FNP's customer service was an isolated experience or they are trying to minimize their liability for a bad model. Mine wouldn't drop the mag after the last round and after a long stay in their shop it still didn't work. The gunsmith I bought it from fixed it overnight. OK, so anyway now my pistol is a good shooter and accurate when it shoots but seems very picky about ammo. Sometimes it won't cycle about every four rounds but then will get all the way through a practical pistol match by changing the brand of ammo. Then later it's back to the same intermittent problem. It's broken in, I put about a thousand rounds through it. Also, I have tried different loads, etc. I guess I should pursue the warrantee much harder. Anyone else have any problems?

I've had my FNP-40 for over a year and shoot a lot of cheap ammo at the range and not had an issue. I expect I have about 900 to 1200 rounds shot and no jams or misfire. No experience with customer service as I've not had a reason to contact them. I'd like to know if I got a good one and there is a lot of lemons or vice versa. I would also like to know if River's customer experience is normal for FN as it would effect future purchases.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:23 pm 
Site Admin

Alright ya'll there is now a 'I Love My FN Herstal' forum!
Regards,
Jay

Post subject: Re: re: Do FN handguns deserve their own 'I Love My...' head
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:31 pm 
.38 cal

Pistolworld wrote:
Alright ya'll there is now a 'I Love My FN Herstal' forum!
Regards,
Jay

Thank you sir!