Holster for "The Judge"?

Holster for "The Judge"?

Postby Norman Ralph » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:49 pm

My wife just got her new "Judge" out of layaway today. Any suggestions on a holster for it.?? She plans on using it mostly for snakes and such while in the yard and hunting in the woods. It is probably too large for Conceal carry anyway.

Any imput would be appreciated.

Norm.
"Every brilliant idea soon degenerates into a lot of hard work."

Glock 21, Ruger Mark III, Kimber Custom Stainless II, Ruger Vaquero .44 Mag., and Ruger SP101.
Norman Ralph
.22 cal

re: Holster for "The Judge"?

Postby briansims8 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:57 pm

cabelas has one, http://www.cabelas.com/link-12/product/ ... 3a.shtmlas, its a little pricey but fits like a glove and is strong leather, as far as a carry, my wife finds it to sits very well in the passenger seat when she is on the road.
briansims8
.22 cal

Postby Norman Ralph » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:11 pm

We spotted it in the Cabela's catalogue also and she ordered it.

Thanks for the suggestion. Was your wife's Judge picky on brands of .410 shells?? My wife had bought a couple boxes of Fiocchis and they didn't work at all. They were real low brass and the recoil shoved the brass back against the frame and the cylinder wouldn't rotate. The hull swelled and the empty would not eject without hitting the ejection rod with the heel of my hand.

We switched to some Winchesters and they worked fine.

Thanks again,

Norm,
"Every brilliant idea soon degenerates into a lot of hard work."

Glock 21, Ruger Mark III, Kimber Custom Stainless II, Ruger Vaquero .44 Mag., and Ruger SP101.
Norman Ralph
.22 cal

Postby Johnsongunleather » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:47 pm

Hi, Just wanted to let you know. we actually make a very nice looking carry holster for the judge, it can be made for right hand or left, and can be had for around the same price as the ugly one sold by Cabalas. it sits with a slight forward cant and rides high making it a very good conceal carry holster. Personally i think The Judge is a little underrated. It is very accurate using the .45LC round and near a hundred yards, and equally devastating at much shorter range (which is more typical with self defense) using a #4 shot, and allowing you to react faster by eliminating the need ensure accurate shot placement. If you'd like more info on the holster we like to call "The Bench". I know, don't laugh, just send me an email to jmjohnson1980@gmail.com
Johnsongunleather
.22 cal

Postby Rob Longenecker » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:30 pm

Tucker Gunleather is now making quality pancake holsters and the Texas Heritage IWB for the JUDGE.

Rob
www.tuckergunleather.com
Rob Longenecker
.22 cal

Postby Rozyredtoes » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:40 pm

My wife and I have 4 judges and personally I think the best place to carry it is in your hand. If not in one hand then perhaps both hands. I could be wrong.
Rozyredtoes
.22 cal

Re: re: Holster for "The Judge"?

Postby Rob Longenecker » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:51 pm

Rozyredtoes wrote:My wife and I have 4 judges and personally I think the best place to carry it is in your hand. If not in one hand then perhaps both hands. I could be wrong.

If I saw trouble coming, I'd want the gun in my hand.

I am not sure I understand if that's what you meant.

Rob
Rob Longenecker
.22 cal

Return to Taurus