PistolWorld.com

The Friendliest Pistol Forum on the Internet!

Advertising

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: the "JUDGE" .45lc/.410
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:07 pm 
.22 cal

i just put one on layaway at my local gunstore. does anyone have any info about them? i bought it mainly as a " range gun."
something to use at the range to kill time between rifle shooting.
i'll also take it into the woods next fall while small game hunting. it should do a number on snakes.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: re: the "JUDGE" .45lc/.410
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:49 pm 
.22 cal

New here... just looking thru the posts and noticed you have a "Judge".

Just wondering how you liked it? Did you get the 3 inch or the 6 inch barrel?

Thanks a bunch
Slugster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:11 pm 
.22 cal

I bought a 2 1/2 cylinder stainless lightweight with the 3 inch barrel, it's a hoot to shoot at clay targets. I have tried several different reloads, seems to shoot 8s or 9s better than 6s. I patterned mine, much beyond 20-30 feet this thing really opens up. The cylinder 'steps down" a couple thousandths where the 45LC would end...I have had problems resizing my .410 reloads, they won't slide down easily past this "step up". Still need to work on my resizing station....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:25 pm 
.22 cal

Interesting about the reloads and the resizing of the brass. Sounds like a neat little gun. How is the recoil with the .410 shells?
I think I need one. :P :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:46 pm 
.38 cal

Like Taurus seems to be saying in their ad campaign; to me, this is the ultimate car gun. I'd really like to shoot one, because that's where mine would be, stuck underneath the center armrest of my truck.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:21 am 
.22 cal

Recoil with my reloads is not bad, I have only shot it in a single action manner, I bought a case of Rem STS at Dick's, yet to try a factory shell, I have not fired a LC yet. The resize issue is not the brass, it's the crimp end, if you look in each cylinder the "step up" is on the muzzle end of the cylinder, I think this is to help with the accuracy when LCs are used. My reloads slide in until the last half inch or so, some flat out won't go in...but load in a .410 shotgun, no problem. I tried the new shells, they slide in, no problem...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:11 pm 
.22 cal

My wife just put a "Judge" on lay-away. It has a 4" barrel and is chambered for 3" .410 shells. She will probably use it mostly for snakes when hunting. - Norm
ps: I look forward to shooting it.

Glock 21, Ruger Mark III, Kimber Custom Stainless II, Ruger Vaquero .44 Mag., and Ruger SP101.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:08 pm 
.22 cal

how does the Judge handle, is it pretty easy to handle with the three inch shells? Almost bought one for 416 dollars (six inch barrel, blued finish, only chambers the 2 1/2 inch shells) but then i read about this new one that chambers three inch mag shells, so i definatly want to get that version. How much more do think i would be paying for a three or four inch barrel, ultralite,stainless finish that chambers three inch shells if i order form my local gun store? Around five? i haven't found anything to helpful on the net yet.

Post subject: Re: re: the "JUDGE" .45lc/.410
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:25 am 
.22 cal

TMats wrote:
Like Taurus seems to be saying in their ad campaign; to me, this is the ultimate car gun. I'd really like to shoot one, because that's where mine would be, stuck underneath the center armrest of my truck.

It is a close range gun with 410's in it, making it great for car/truck use. My 4510 is the 2.5" chamber with the 4" barrel. My preference is #4 shot. It makes the meanest pattern and 6 to 9 feet. If it doesn't kill your attacker, it will certainly push them back and totally remove their face...

My 4510 is fairly accurate with 45 LC's, but for self defence, the 410's are really the way to go. You can mix both 45's and 410's if you like.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:29 pm 
.22 cal

My only interest in guns is to keep somebody from hurting me and I have been hurt to the point of being pronounced DOA. The judge is the only hand gun that will almost guarantee to stop a determined aggressor in mid action without aiming and it leaves no ballistics. Not many folks can work their way through number 4 or 000 buck if they can maybe its just your time. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:25 am 
.22 cal

The only kind of snakes that scare me are the ones with two legs.In my opinion the only thing that will stop a determined aggressor in mid motion is not knock down or penetration or caliber size or other useless statistics, it is instant unrelenting mind melting pain and there is nothing that can deliver that like a load of number 4 shot in the face. I have no interest in killing someone I just want them to hurt so bad that dieing and going to hell would be a pleasure. But I could be wrong.

Post subject: Re: re: the "JUDGE" .45lc/.410
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:35 am 

Rozyredtoes wrote:
The only kind of snakes that scare me are the ones with two legs.In my opinion the only thing that will stop a determined aggressor in mid motion is not knock down or penetration or caliber size or other useless statistics, it is instant unrelenting mind melting pain and there is nothing that can deliver that like a load of number 4 shot in the face. I have no interest in killing someone I just want them to hurt so bad that dieing and going to hell would be a pleasure. But I could be wrong.

You should really think about your post before you hit "submit".

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:00 pm 
.22 cal

What are you trying to say I don't seem to be able to follow your line of thought. I have been led to believe, I guess mistakenly, that a fire arms primary purpose was to hurt another human.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:15 pm 
.22 cal

D@mn. The primary purpose of a handgun as I understand it is to prevent/diminish the ability of an aggressor (of whatever species) to inflict damage upon the innocent and defenseless. If that means the owner/operator of an handgun must use deadly force (as allowed for by law/situation), then fine. If your purpose is to harm people you don't need a weapon at all. If your purpose is take the necessary action to prevent violence (up to and including deadly force) they you may deserve the right to a handgun. There is a difference between "hurting" people and "stopping" people. You carry/keep a weapon to stop a person from committing violence upon you or anyone else, not to inflict pain. That would be sadism. The second post from Dec. 28 indicates a lack of comprehension on this point. When you say "I have no interest in killing someone I just want them to hurt so bad that dieing(sp) and going to hell would be a pleasure." you indicate that your focus is on hurting them, not protecting yourself and others. When you say "But I could be wrong." you are right.

P.S. You should really brush up on terminal ballistics.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:32 pm 
.22 cal

Hogfan; apparently you have not yet encountered anybody who wants to put a great deal of hurt on you and destroy your life as you now live it. I have run into these folks and to return the favor they are trying to extend me is what makes the judge so desirable. Whether they live or die is of no concern to me. These people are arseholes and what ever happens to them they surely deserve. A fire arm is not my weapon of choice but since I am pushing 74 years a base ball bat could fail me. If somebody pushes me to the point of using deadly force I want to inflict as much pain as possible on them for what they have caused me to have to resort to. I am sure you won't agree but it really does not matter as long as you do not cause me any grief. If one has to call up the judge and hold court the sentence should be, shoot for the groin drink a beer and then finish it. I might mention I live on A hundred or so acres and have a tractor with a backhoe. It goes to 9 feet deep that is beyond the range of cadaver dogs. Remember It pays to have a judge in your pocket.