PistolWorld.com

The Friendliest Pistol Forum on the Internet!

Advertising

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: re: Springfield XD - Which one do I get?
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:35 am 
.32 cal

I understand, I have med. size hands, thats why I chose the XD over the Glock 22.
Try MidwayUSA. They have Winchester box of 50 for 23.99, or a box of 500 for 215.09.

Here is a link for them.

http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/BrowseP ... 3***691***

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.e ... mid=428945

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.e ... mid=648412

I hope you find something within reason soon.

Be Safe

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: re: Springfield XD - Which one do I get?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:11 pm 
.22 cal

The short, truthful answer to concealed carry is that you need options.

About two decades of CCW and I'm still looking for "the gun." What I've worked out runs from an NAA Guardian in 32 ACP to a 5" bbl. Springfield XD Tactical 45 ACP with a Glock GTL 21 laser.

I don't carry the XD on me. It's in the vehicle. I can use it as CCW in a pinch, but it needs to pinch really hard. The more I look at high capacity compact semi-autos, the more I decide that they're a poor option for carry.

You can carry one . . . "in a pinch" . . . I'll have people herein claiming they carry a fat double stack every day. I'm sure they do. And I'm betting they construct their whole life around what and how they're carrying.

Day in, day out I have a 9mm Kahr compact MK9, also a Smith Mod 60, .357 mag snub, bobbed hammer. I carry the NAA Guardian 32 ACP often -- pocket gun.

45 ACP in the car, along with a shotgun.

I looked at the Glock 26, 27 ages ago for CCW. Too FAT. Glock came out with the 30 and 36 -- One is single stack. That might work, but the Glock trigger guard is HUGE.

XD is pretty bulky too.

Day in, day out . . . for a life I don't have to plan around carrying a gun . . . a single stack 9mm or a .357 J frame.

If you think you need more gun, you're spending too much time in the wrong neighborhoods. If you think you need more gun, you should put a long-gun in the vehicle and have a plan for getting to it.

If I felt like I need a long gun in the vehicle and a plan to get to it, I'd re-examine my life and my options. I served my time in a combat zone. I'm a civilian now.

Profile Send private message