PistolWorld.com

The Friendliest Pistol Forum on the Internet!

Advertising

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hellcat 380
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:45 pm 
.22 cal

I just purchased this little guy today. Tossed the Keltec and Lcp around quite abit before purchasing this. The Hellcat was $275. Came with two clips, and a nice pocket holster that also was MADE IN USA. The weight difference was unnoticable to me. Keltec was the same price and ruger was $300. I chose this upon the shops recomendation of it being a good pistol. I haven't shot it yet so would like some opinions of some users before I shoot it. I have a week to trade it back for the Ruger or the Keltec. I didn't like the feel of the trigger pull on the Keltec compared to the hellcat. The Ruger was just a little more than I had in my pocket.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Hellcat 380
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:27 am 
.38 cal

WELCOME . . .

Let us know how it shoots !!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:54 pm 
.45 cal

I am anxious to hear a report, as well.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:39 pm 
.22 cal

Well, I guess after reading all of this I feel sorta like a guine pig...and maybe a foolish one at that. I just purchased a Hellcat today (9/4/10) and fired a whopping 4 rounds thru it before it jamed and continued to jam every round thereafter...for 10 more rounds and then I quit. The problem seems to be that in an attempt to eject, the spent shell catches on the seam between the bullet and the shell on the cartridge below it in the magazine...the slide turns loose of the spent shell...leaving it in the chamber and tries to cram the next round in. did it every time after those first four rounds. I don't know if something broke or got torqued some how, but ...I plan to return the gun and exchange it for probably a Ruger. On the positive side, the first 4 rounds were all in a 4 inch bull from 10yds...and I'm not a particularly good marksman. Final gripe...my hands aren't real big, but this little bugger bucked pretty hard and the trigger dug into my fingers pretty bad...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:58 am 
.45 cal

This type of thing is what I had heard from the only person I know who owns one. He has relegated his to the floor of his safe and won't attempt to pass on what he terms as junk. I was hoping his report was simply the odd man out and not the norm.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:26 pm 
.22 cal

I've carried this a few times but still haven't had time to shoot it yet. Will do soon and let all know what it is like. I am using federal ammo so I hope quality makes an issue of how it shoots like my p22 did.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:19 pm 
.22 cal

I shot 4 clips today. On the third round it jammed. The remainder shot fine. Gun is fairly accurate. Recoil wasn't quite as bad as expected. Am concerned about a small groove in the front of the orange plastic guide on the clip. Both clips have it after being shot. Is this common? A picture wouldn't really show it since it is so small, or I'd post one. I will shot more before it gets too cold, and update as I go. Hopefully I made the right decision giving the money to the little guy. Hopefully Made in USA means it will be, and make me proud to have bought it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:06 pm 
.45 cal

Work it carefully! That third-round-jam could have cost you your life.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:59 pm 
.22 cal

My Walther P22 jammed a few times on me so I understand the danger. I immediately released the clip and ejected the jammed shell. I think after a good break in it will be fine. Time will tell and I'll keep thread updated. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:18 pm 
.45 cal

Let us know if it continues and, more importantly, how you fixed it, if you have. As I said, when it comes to defense, there's a fine line between saving a buck and endangering yourself or family. Be very careful.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:13 pm 
.22 cal

I have had my Hellcat for some time and have found that this gun does not like alot of ammo. The Federal ammo is the worst and I have had nothing but trouble from it. When using FMJ ammo I do not get as many jams but it still jams on occasion. I am going to try Blazer rounds and see how that works next. The Blazer rounds have a much cleaner casing to shell mating and I do not think that I will run into the problems of a jammed round.
I did send my gun back to I.O. to have it worked because I could not get any hollow points to run threw it without a jam. It was every round after the first. They replaced everything inside the gun for me and the hollowpoints are working without a problem.
I have also found that any of the pistols that are before s/n 4000 are the ones that had the most problems so that is something to consider as well.
Just my 2 cents. I hope this helps

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:14 am 
.22 cal

Hi, purchased a Hellcat .380, I have a Keltec P3AT which is a constant companion, very reliable, the Hellcat was too good a deal to pass up, used for $150 with rug and spare mag. Well as it goes, first time out, feeding issues, I guess the former owner experienced this. Looking it over, I noticed the mag follower seemed to be hanging up. Mine is the newer style with pinky floorplate and black follower, minor adjustments to the mag bodys and followers, she seems to feed FMJ reliably, hollowpoints still hang up. It seems a nicely made pistol but QC is lacking. I think IOR should take a close look because this pistol could be a winner, but as it is, takes a gunsmith to make it work. The Keltec is great out of the box, feeds everything I've tried.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:57 am 
.22 cal

Hi!
This is one of the best model launched pistol into the market with the various best and the unique working efficacy.But I want to inquire the some more working efficacy of this pistol.