PistolWorld.com

The Friendliest Pistol Forum on the Internet!

It is currently Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: re: CCW Knifes
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:36 pm 
.22 cal

Ok that buckle head belt knife is pretty awesome, cant say its really my style, but would wear it under an untucked shirt. I just have to say though Terry, im sure that guy would kick some ass, he seriously should not be showing off that man camel toe in his video. not cool. I'm afraid i have permanent retna damage

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:33 pm 
.22 cal

Why were you looking there???
:lol:

.380 COLT MUSTANG

TERRY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:51 pm 
.22 cal

Terry, how could you possibly miss it. He was advertising a belt buckle knife with that giant camel toe in the background. Someone should really let him know, cause i think he would sell more knifes he had a chick demonstrating the buckle knife, id definitely buy one, or maybe to

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:39 pm 
.22 cal

This what I carry along with my 45 ACP
http://www.assistedknife.com/index.cfm/ ... /id/329985
It is a switchblade and they have different handles and you can shop around on the internet to find it cheaper, Good Luck in your decision..............

Post subject: Re: CCW Knifes
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:35 pm 
.22 cal

JMOfartO:

I've only recently started being interested in carrying an assisted opening folding knife as my final backup to my backup to my always carried LWS380 and my sometimes CS45 or P2000sk, to my "runaway and hide plan", but here's what I have found I am comfortable with.

Kershaw Leek 1660CB:

In my limited research I have found general consensus is that if the blade is 3" or less, and the knife is not "concealed in the pocket" it is legal in most places. You can take that with a grain of salt in this day and time, but there you have it.

The Kershaw Leek 1660CB has a blade of 3", the SpeedSafe opening technology makes for instant one-finger opening, and the knife can be clipped to the edge of the pocket, thereby carried as NON-concealed. The blade is extremely sharp, and the composite deal (CB-composite blade) means the spine of the blade is of the sturdier Sandvik 13C26 steel, while the cutting surface is the higher quality CPM-D2.. I'm just repeating what I've read because honestly I don't have a clue other than knife forums think it's a pretty good combination.

I was so taken with my first 1660CB I bought 2nd as a "spare".. :D

If there is a complaint with this knife it is that the stainless steel handle IS slippery... For this reason I have ordered the 1660G10 which has the (even) higher quality stonewashed S30V blade and the grip is not stainless steel and from what I've read is absolutely non-slippery..

Don't know which I'll wind up carrying daily, but either way I'm buying a product made in America, has a great reputation for quality and either the 1660CB or 1660G10 IMO makes for a very good choice for daily carry.

The slim 1660CB just "almost" vanishes when clipped on the pocket...

Finally, and hey lets be realistic here... IF I get in a situation where I have to pull a 3" knife out of my pocket to defend myself I'm already in a world of hurt.. :wink:

But, these fine little knives can be carried well concealed (not totally concealed) daily, and just adds a measure of comfort you otherwise would not have.

Just personal opinion, no offense to those who might disagree.

I could be wrong, at almost 67 years of age if I am it won't be the first time.. :roll:

Best Wishes,

Jesse

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:30 pm 
.22 cal

Im not sure of CCW nad Knife in the same sentence
NC does not include a knife under the CCH laws
nor do many other states
im not sure what consitutes a conceald knife
most of us just carry our blade somewhere
just what are we talking about here ?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:40 pm 
.22 cal

papawman wrote:

ppm:

Don't know what constitutes a "concealed" knife where you live, but I'm under the impression that here in my home state of Georgia, and seemingly most other locations, a knife that is clipped to the top edge of your pocket with just a small portion of the knife handle visible is all that is necessary to separate, legally, the difference between a "concealed" knife and one that "not concealed" and therefore legal to carry in the pocket.

In other words, IF the knife is visible to the naked eye, even when 99% of it is IN the pocket it cannot be considered a "concealed knife" because if someone can see it, it's obviously NOT concealed.

I'm not a lawyer, didn't even stay in Holiday Inn Express last night, so check for yourself as to how the local laws are regarding this gray area.

Best Wishes,

Jesse

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:30 pm 
.22 cal

NC Concealed Carry Laws only apply to "Handguns"
ie a firearm with a short stock desigened
to be fired with one hand ! YES that is the definition
of a hand gun by NC law. I am an CCH instructor
and a knife has no recognition as a weapon under
NC's CCH laws. And as stated most states CCH
laws only relate to firearms
carrying a knife is a totaly different thing
I agree with you - if the clip is showing
then its hard to say its concealed but
many states have size and blade opening
restrictions ie "switch blades" etc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:26 pm 
.22 cal

I carry a small knife made by Kershaw. I don't carry it as much for self-defense as for all those other little daily tasks that come up, but it is there if I need it. I'm not crazy about their website, but the knife really holds an edge. My personal preference is for 440 stainless blade, and assisted opening if your state allows it. Also be cautious when you travel; that little pocket knife might be fine at home, but get you in trouble elsewhere. (Didn't Chicago outlaw knives back in 1972? That's one city I do NOT visit!). Here's the Kershaw web site:
http://www.kershawknives.com/products.php?brand=kershaw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:43 am 
.22 cal

Laserlips wrote:
papawman wrote:

ppm:

Don't know what constitutes a "concealed" knife where you live, but I'm under the impression that here in my home state of Georgia, and seemingly most other locations, a knife that is clipped to the top edge of your pocket with just a small portion of the knife handle visible is all that is necessary to separate, legally, the difference between a "concealed" knife and one that "not concealed" and therefore legal to carry in the pocket.

In other words, IF the knife is visible to the naked eye, even when 99% of it is IN the pocket it cannot be considered a "concealed knife" because if someone can see it, it's obviously NOT concealed.

I'm not a lawyer, didn't even stay in Holiday Inn Express last night, so check for yourself as to how the local laws are regarding this gray area.

Best Wishes,

Jesse

I like you stuff, it's so cool, I have also a CCW knife and a GLOCk, maybe I'll post it here .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:17 pm 
.22 cal

beericus wrote:
What kind of a knife do you guys carry for CCW. I am interested in pics and name brands, as i search for what i will carry.

The two I carry most are custom made:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:10 am 

flphotog wrote:
beericus wrote:
What kind of a knife do you guys carry for CCW. I am interested in pics and name brands, as i search for what i will carry.

The two I carry most are custom made:

Please tell us about the bottom knife with the black (impala horn?) handle. Nicest straight knife I've seen in years. Useful too! :D

(Save bandwidth! I know this reply was posted last June - Doesn't matter!)