PistolWorld.com

The Friendliest Pistol Forum on the Internet!

Advertising

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Value of Rossi .38 special
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:03 pm 
.22 cal

I would appreciate any information as to the value of a Rossi .38 special I purchased (new) in the late 1970s from a gun shop. On the right hand side of the pistol, it has: "MADE IN BRAZIL. THE GARCIA CORP. WASH. D.C." This information appears right above the trigger. On the same side, on the barrell, it indicates it is a ".38 SPECIAL" and also, above the grips it has (what appears to me, to be): IND BRAS." and the "ROSSI" symbol immediately below. On the left hand side, on the barrel, it has: "AMADEO ROSSI S.A." and immediately below that (I believe): "SAO LEOPOLDO R.S." On the inside of the revolver section, it has "C 607" and on the butt of the gun it has: "D319397". It's a nickel-plated gun with wood handles and has been shot probably less than a dozen times. There appear to be possibly two (2) small very faint "stress" (?) lines (the best I can explain them). Can anyone help me with a value on this revolver? :)

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: re: Value of Rossi .38 special
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:33 pm 
.45 cal

$200 would be a good price, those "stress lines" would be a concern for me which may make the gun unsaleable. Rossi is not noted for quality products, mediocre would be at the top end of their product line and the 70's guns were not their best efforts. Sorry if this sounds like bad news but that is the unfortunate part of inexpensive firearms and something I have been bit by many times in the past.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:56 pm 
.22 cal

That's what I was afraid of - the stress lines (and unfortunately, one is kinda near the hammer). But I do appreciate the information you supplied to me and thank you so much. Have a great day (or what's left of it)!!! Thanks again. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:59 pm 
.38 cal

I owned a late 1970's Rossi stainless .357 magnum, bought it in the 1910's for under $200.
Very solid revolver, and pretty accurate, taught my wife to shoot using that gun, eventually traded it for something"better", now wish I had it back.
Have a gunsmithcheck the revolver for cracks, just to make sure it's OK. No one can really tell from just a description.
I'd keep it-You will probably get less than $100 for it, and if it's still usable, it's worth more sitting in a drawer just in case.

mark