2 FFL transfers and now on government list?

Discussion in 'Politics and Gun Control' started by Fuelburns2, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Fuelburns2

Fuelburns2 New Member

I heard about this on another forum and wanted to know if anyone could enlighten me a bit about the details. This isn't quoted exactly but its close. I'm surprised they haven't gotten a warrant on me yet. I think I've bought two or three guns in one week several times. Almost all through the same dealer.

Apparently if 2 or more handguns (only handguns) are transfered through an FFL within a 5 day window then the buyer is "flagged" and further gun purchasing activity (that requires a FFL transfer) is monitored and recorded.

Is this even true? Should I care if it is?

2. md_beatt

md_beatt New Member

I have never heard that, But you could fill many books with stuff I have never heard :wink:

Mike.

3. Fuelburns2

Fuelburns2 New Member

This is what I was told by a dealer on another forum.

I guess its an attempt to cut down or monitor straw purchases. I'm willing to bet the government doesn't have the manpower to do anything with the information once they get it though. :roll:

4. Justin_Thompson

Justin_Thompson New Member

Shows just how useful those "one handgun a month" laws are at stopping straw purchasers, they're protecting them from the BATFE.

Easy way to beat the whole thing, buy one gun a week after the watch period expires.

5. Fuelburns2

Fuelburns2 New Member

I've had weeks where I bought three handguns in seven days. I haven't been investigated yet so I'm not going to worry about it.

6. semiauto

semiauto New Member

The whole point of an investigation is that you don't know it's happening. They could be looking at all of our files at any time and we would never know because they're not telling us. Besides, I think that opening a persons file and taking a look is something that the BATFE does on a regular basis just to make sure there is nothing suspicious about the transactions being made!