CCW Knifes

Discussion in 'CCW - Concealed Carry Discussions' started by beericus, Jan 31, 2009.

1. SnakeDriver

SnakeDriver New Member

Im not sure of CCW nad Knife in the same sentence
    NC does not include a knife under the CCH laws
    nor do many other states
    im not sure what consitutes a conceald knife
    most of us just carry our blade somewhere
    just what are we talking about here ?

2. Laserlips

Laserlips New Member

ppm:

Don't know what constitutes a "concealed" knife where you live, but I'm under the impression that here in my home state of Georgia, and seemingly most other locations, a knife that is clipped to the top edge of your pocket with just a small portion of the knife handle visible is all that is necessary to separate, legally, the difference between a "concealed" knife and one that "not concealed" and therefore legal to carry in the pocket.

In other words, IF the knife is visible to the naked eye, even when 99% of it is IN the pocket it cannot be considered a "concealed knife" because if someone can see it, it's obviously NOT concealed.

I'm not a lawyer, didn't even stay in Holiday Inn Express last night, so check for yourself as to how the local laws are regarding this gray area.

Best Wishes,

Jesse

[​IMG]

3. SnakeDriver

SnakeDriver New Member

NC Concealed Carry Laws only apply to "Handguns"
    ie a firearm with a short stock desigened
    to be fired with one hand ! YES that is the definition
    of a hand gun by NC law. I am an CCH instructor
    and a knife has no recognition as a weapon under
    NC's CCH laws. And as stated most states CCH
    laws only relate to firearms
    carrying a knife is a totaly different thing
    I agree with you - if the clip is showing
    then its hard to say its concealed but
    many states have size and blade opening
    restrictions ie "switch blades" etc

4. wheelgoodtime

wheelgoodtime New Member

I carry a small knife made by Kershaw. I don't carry it as much for self-defense as for all those other little daily tasks that come up, but it is there if I need it. I'm not crazy about their website, but the knife really holds an edge. My personal preference is for 440 stainless blade, and assisted opening if your state allows it. Also be cautious when you travel; that little pocket knife might be fine at home, but get you in trouble elsewhere. (Didn't Chicago outlaw knives back in 1972? That's one city I do NOT visit!). Here's the Kershaw web site:
    http://www.kershawknives.com/products.php?brand=kershaw

5. reynaldx

reynaldx New Member

I like you stuff, it's so cool, I have also a CCW knife and a GLOCk, maybe I'll post it here .

6. flphotog

flphotog New Member

The two I carry most are custom made:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Glock Doctor

Glock Doctor New Member

Please tell us about the bottom knife with the black (impala horn?) handle. Nicest straight knife I've seen in years. Useful too! :D

(Save bandwidth! I know this reply was posted last June - Doesn't matter!)