Holster for "The Judge"?

Discussion in 'Taurus' started by Norman Ralph, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Norman Ralph

Norman Ralph New Member

My wife just got her new "Judge" out of layaway today. Any suggestions on a holster for it.?? She plans on using it mostly for snakes and such while in the yard and hunting in the woods. It is probably too large for Conceal carry anyway.

Any imput would be appreciated.

Norm.

2. briansims8

briansims8 New Member

3. Norman Ralph

Norman Ralph New Member

We spotted it in the Cabela's catalogue also and she ordered it.

Thanks for the suggestion. Was your wife's Judge picky on brands of .410 shells?? My wife had bought a couple boxes of Fiocchis and they didn't work at all. They were real low brass and the recoil shoved the brass back against the frame and the cylinder wouldn't rotate. The hull swelled and the empty would not eject without hitting the ejection rod with the heel of my hand.

We switched to some Winchesters and they worked fine.

Thanks again,

Norm,

4. Johnsongunleather

Johnsongunleather New Member

Hi, Just wanted to let you know. we actually make a very nice looking carry holster for the judge, it can be made for right hand or left, and can be had for around the same price as the ugly one sold by Cabalas. it sits with a slight forward cant and rides high making it a very good conceal carry holster. Personally i think The Judge is a little underrated. It is very accurate using the .45LC round and near a hundred yards, and equally devastating at much shorter range (which is more typical with self defense) using a #4 shot, and allowing you to react faster by eliminating the need ensure accurate shot placement. If you'd like more info on the holster we like to call "The Bench". I know, don't laugh, just send me an email to jmjohnson1980@gmail.com

5. Rob Longenecker

Rob Longenecker New Member

Tucker Gunleather is now making quality pancake holsters and the Texas Heritage IWB for the JUDGE.

Rob
    www.tuckergunleather.com

6. Rozyredtoes

Rozyredtoes New Member

My wife and I have 4 judges and personally I think the best place to carry it is in your hand. If not in one hand then perhaps both hands. I could be wrong.

7. Rob Longenecker

Rob Longenecker New Member

Re: re: Holster for "The Judge"?

If I saw trouble coming, I'd want the gun in my hand.

I am not sure I understand if that's what you meant.

Rob