Stoeger Luger

Discussion in 'Pistol Opinions' started by Cheryl Paul, May 11, 2008.

1. Cheryl Paul

Cheryl Paul New Member

I own a 22 cal Stoeger Luger, It seems to have a Little mis-fire trouble. Really 45% Misfire rate. Is there any hope of improving the function of this gun. Thank you
    Cheryl

2. darkgael

darkgael New Member

What brand(s) of ammo do you use? By misfire, you mean that the firing pin strikes but the round does not fire, correct?
    Pete

3. uglydog

uglydog New Member

Unfortunately, that was a rather common and well noted malady for these guns. I thought they were a neat looking design and thought hard about getting one but the reliability reports kept me from doing so. Other than the basics of thorough cleaning, proper lubrication, feed ramp polishing, new magazine springs, and checking the feed lips for damage, I don't know what else to suggest. Hopefully, there is someone more up to date with this model out there and will chime in.

4. Cheryl Paul

Cheryl Paul New Member

Re: re: Stoeger Luger

The spent cassing ends up straight up or sideways. Or the round does not fire at all. I'v used about 5 differant brands and bought a new magazine.

5. Cheryl Paul

Cheryl Paul New Member

Re: re: Stoeger Luger

The spent cassing ends straight up or sideways. Or it does not fire at all, I'v used 5 differant brands of ammo and bought a new magazine.

6. dogngun

dogngun New Member

I'm sorry to report that many of the Stoeger Luger .22's had feeding/ejection problems, maybe due to the mag lips, maybe to spotty QC. They sold a lot because of their looks, but they are not generally reliable pistols.
    If you have a good shooter, yoiu are very fortunate.

mark