Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reassembled my M1911A1 RIA .45 ACP, after cleaning it. I dry fired it for function, normal function. I noticed the slide stop not protruding from its exit hole. Is this normal?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Welcome...........

No, that is not "normal".

The slide stop should lie flat to the side on the left and stick out about an eight inch on the right side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Road Rat said:
Welcome...........

No, that is not "normal".

The slide stop should lie flat to the side on the left and stick out about an eight inch on the right side.
Thank you! Would buying a new slide stop to replace totally fix the problem alone?

·
Registered
231 Posts
You should not need a new one.

There is a small roundish piece of metal that runs between the safety switch and the slide lock. Both ends of that are spring loaded.

Sometimes it is very difficult to get a new gun to have the small pin on the slide lock end go back into the hole.

Take the slide lock off and then using a small flat screwdriver push in on the pin. You will see that it goes in and out. Now, when you put the slide lock back in rotate the right end down and come up to the hole and see if the pin won't slide back in.

Understand my rambling instructions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bent mine. No worry, I ordered two slide stops, a 1911 barrel bushing wrench and a AK flash hider from Midway USA. I got a money order and got my order mailed in time for the 4 p.m. mail truck in Clay this past Friday[yesterday]. Thank you for your kindness in dealing with me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts