Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to purchase a S&W 1911PD for $750 (thats including the $100 rebate). It sounds like a good deal to me, right? Basically I'm looking for a good gun for fun/range shooting, accountability/quality, and for some protection/home defense purposes. Whats your opinions? As all ways, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I'm not familiar with that particular offering, but here's my take on it.....

Based on the model designation, I'd assume it's a 1911. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and my opinion is that I'd take a 1911 over any of the other bottom feeders.

Smith & Wesson (now that they're back from the dead) is a respected manufacturer. I don't feel the fit and finish of their new stuff is equal to what they produced 40 years ago, but they do produce very good quality firearms..... DEFINITELY not junk.

As to the price.... like I said, I don't know the specifics of that particular Smith, but at $750 you're into the "moderately dressed up" Springfield territory. Also, a Colt 1991 (the Series 80 version of the 1911) is in the same price range. Depending on local market prices, you could also get an older used Colt in very good shape for the same money.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts