Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 25th wedding anniversary is in August and my wife would like to get me a new 1911. I am looking at the following guns in priority order:

Ed Brown Custome Classic
Les Baer BOSS .45
Nighthawk Dominator
Wilson Combat Supergrade

Any pros and cons appreciated.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Don't know which one to terll ya to get,b ut ya better hang on to that woman!

My wife and I are fixin to have our 30th and about all I'll get is maybe dinner out somewhere.

Let us know which one ya get!!!!

HWD

·
Registered
42 Posts
Lucky guy!

My wife and I just celebrated our 45th wedding anniversary yesterday and she wasn't even home after 8:30 am. She left to drive the grandkids back south toward their home in Georgia. Their Momma (our daughter-in-law) is going to pick them up at our daughter's home in North Carolina.

I stayed home with an old ailing dog and to get caught up with the yard and garden work that needed catching up on after a wild week entertaining the grandkids.

I guess we'll celebrate when Grandma gets back home, but I'm pretty sure it won't have anything to do with me getting another gun! :(

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think I remember reading a comparison on 3 of these in Gun Tests magazine a few months back. I can't find the exact issue, so I'm not sure if the models tested were the exact ones which you are considering. I do not personally yet own any of those fine specimens you mentioned. From what I've read, I might lean towards the Les Baer- but I don't think you would be disappointed in any of them. Maybe your wife can get you the Ed Brown, and you can get her the Les Baer. :wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Altough my wife and I both shoot skeet and she has two shotguns of her own, she would be disappointed with any pistol for an anniversary gift. I am narrowing it down to the Les Baer or Ed Brown. But, I still have a little more than a month to make a decision.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts