Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. So I find this great deal on a Commercial Luger in nice shape for a great price. It's a .30 Cal(7.65)Luger! I love it! But... Finding ammo is nearly impossible! Websites that claim they have it are out of stock. Or if in stock is $75. per 50! Yikes!! Does anyone out there really know a source for reasonably priced ammo in this cal.?? ($20-$30/50rds)????
I hope I'm not stepping on toes by asking this type of question, but I have spent about 10 days non-stop on the 'puter and my best chance so far is a guy out of AZ who has to make some.
Thanks for any help I get!!!

·
Registered
606 Posts
You probably didn't realize it until it was too late, but any obscure, unpopular caliber is going to cost a bundle to shoot. If you're a reloader, you can knock the cost way down, but brass will still be more expensive than the common calibers, and bullet selection will be very limited.

If you're not a reloader, and you want to shoot cheap, it's 9x19, 40 S&W, or 45ACP for the bottom feeders and .38 Spl/.357 Mag or .44 Spl/.44 Mag for the wheelguns.

Then, of course, there's always the .22 LR.... the overwhelming favorite for shooting cheap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're so right! Although I would have bought the gun anyway because hey! it's a Luger! But being a WWII gun I thought there would be enthusiasts who would keep the caliber alive! Kind of like how Cowboy shooting has revitalized some ol' time cartriges, I assumed the same for the .30Luger. Live and Learn.
As for shooting on the cheap- I do own a few 9mm's and .38's and a couple of .22's so getting to the range is not too painfull $$$wize. It's just that good-old-Luger I'm ITCHING to plink away with!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.