Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of static on the inet re: a new .32.
One remark that caught my attention was ".32 fans will ignore reality when discussing .32's", or something to that effect.
Reminds me of my late father. Many decades ago a policeman who was somehow related to our family shot an escaping killer and dropped him like a rock... ACROSS A STREET, WITH A .32 LONG! That's all the proof my Old Man needed for the rest of his days... when he died there were two pistols in his possession... a pair of S&W .32's.
shoot safe!
///olde :) pharte///

·
Registered
944 Posts
Its all about shot placement. My .25 can kill if put in the right spot. I happen to like the .32 H&R magnum and if guns and ammo for the .327 or .32 mag were more readily available I'd be excited about this new caliber. As it is I don't think it fills a need that other calibers don't already cover.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well, the .327 generates approximately 430 foot-pounds (vs. 350 for .38 Sp +P), so power is not an issue...and furthermore you can pack six of them in a J-frame or SP101, vs. five .38s...I suppose the question, then, is whether a .32 caliber bullet will stop someone as effectively as a .38 caliber one. With a good expanding bullet, I wouldn't feel too undergunned.

It may take off like a rocket, but it probably will not, leaving you with an oddball caliber gun. The last runaway success pistol cartridge was the .40 S&W...it took over the police market, and civilians followed suit. I doubt the .327 will have any high-profile contracts like that; it's an improvement, perhaps, but not enough of one to draw a whole lot of attention, especially with so many other pocket guns in the same markets - both wheelguns and autos. I suspect it will become, at most, a cult favorite, and make the next edition of Cartridges of the World that much longer.

That said, it's pretty cool.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Re: re: .327 Another weak sister or "THE ANSWER!

Fuelburns2 said:
Its all about shot placement. My .25 can kill if put in the right spot.
I saw a story on the news where a ex-Marine killed a black bear that was coming after one of his sons with a piece of firewood! It was the only thing handy, and he threw it as hard as he could. The bear dropped like a rock! Pretty darn good shot placement!

Come to think of it, between a .25 and a piece of firewood, I might rather go with the wood! :shock:

·
Registered
944 Posts
I think I'm familiar with that story too. If I recall correctly it was a rather large piece of wood.

My question with this caliber is in what way is it being marketed? Where is the advertising and for what purpose is it being pushed? That can make or break the caliber IMO. If they just put it out there with little fanfare it won't stand a chance.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Bill said;
Come to think of it, between a .25 and a piece of firewood, I might rather go with the wood!
What Bill said X 2.

IMHO and for the reasons mentioned by some of you the marketing for the 327 is less than impressive to begin with and then as said, the caliber does nothing for any kind of improvement of so many other choices of calibers or frames etc.

Remember the 41AE? It was a bad choice at the wrong time and never took off. It was caught in the fresco with the FBI and their debacle with the 10MM. All those little dweebs couldn't handle the 10MM and it's recoil. In addition, they tried to get agents to carry a 1911 style handgun. You must be kidding. They don't practice enough to ever get used to the 10 and or any other gun for that matter.

Now for the 327, as the rest of you, I don't think it will ever get enough sales to get the cost of ammo to a reasonalble price.

As far as the 25 auto, 32 auto or 380 auto, I gotta tell ya guys. I gave testimony at a law suit involving a 32 auto. A marine had been fooling around with his wifes gun and shot himself as a result of a "safety" failure.

I saw his injuries first hand from just about his jewels all the way down to just above his ankle. If his injuries are indicative of the power of these heretofore anemic rounds I can tell you the new ammo available for both the 32 and the 25 as well as the 380 have improved dramatically in the past 5 years.

No, I would not choose any of the three as my primary, go to gun. BUT I would sure as hell take one of them over nothing at all and know as mentioned here that IF I hit what I shoot at, I will slow it down or stop it on the spot.

I've said it before and again. "Get to be real good with whatever you decide to carry or shoot. The rest will take care of itsself".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.