Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason, I loaded 4.o grains of Bullseye into 148 gr. HBWC. Looking back thru my laoding materials, I find this may be too hot for a 38 Special? If too hot for a .38 is it Too hot to shoot in a .357?
Thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
I would suggest you pull the bullets--HBWC tend to deform at the charge you have loaded :oops: We need you at the skeet fields not the hospital :wink: These are not safe even thru the strongest .357--the problem is with the bullet not the gun-

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks-
I will dispose of them. Not sure where I got the recipe! Sure cannot find it now. The bullet does fracture and makes two holes about 2 inch apart at 50 feet.
Appreciate your input.

·
Registered
86 Posts
2.5 to 2.8 gns max charge for 148 gn wad cutter at 815 fps. I would pull them as mentioned. If you notice Bullseye does not give alot of room for margain in thier load data. It seem to be a few points of a gn from start to max in thier loading data.
Given that, for the 357 magnum it calls for 5.1 to 5.7 max. of bullseye. Your 4.0 is niether here nor thier, I wouldnt chance it myself. Can it become a squib load for the 357, being loaded that low? Probably not, but why chance it.
I have a big coffee can under my reload bench for such things, one day i have a whole lot of pulling to do also.
Hey, it happens to the best of us. Best that you caught it.

stay safe Jack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.