Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Illinois law allows drivers to keep an unloaded gun in the center console of their cars. I'm planning to use this nuance for personal protection, and my initial thought was that a .380 would be the best option -- small but strong enough to do some SD damage.

Opinions? If you agree with my conclusion, which .380 would you suggest I buy? The more affordable, the better.

·
Registered
42 Posts
jbagley77 said:
Illinois law allows drivers to keep an unloaded gun in the center console of their cars. I'm planning to use this nuance for personal protection, and my initial thought was that a .380 would be the best option -- small but strong enough to do some SD damage.

Opinions? If you agree with my conclusion, which .380 would you suggest I buy? The more affordable, the better.
Sorry I just don't understand your question I'm afraid. Explain how you are using "nuance" in this protection of yourself? What does 'SD' stand for? What exactly is your conclusion?

Are you going to defend yourself by waving an empty gun? That can get you killed quicker than most any other option. If so, I'd agree that an empty .380 packs just as much wallop as an empty .44 Magnum. Exactly NONE!

Self-defense is deadly, serious business. Law-abiding citizens care about the law; felons couldn't care less. Never pull a gun unless you are fully prepared to fire it, committed to survival using it to its fullest potential (loaded, chambered), and only then as a last resort. Then shoot at the assailant's center of mass until you have stopped the assault.

·
Registered
21 Posts

That would be better to make us secure inside the car. It will provide us security when we travel.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
RuffBuff said:
Sorry I just don't understand your question I'm afraid. Explain how you are using "nuance" in this protection of yourself? What does 'SD' stand for? What exactly is your conclusion?

Are you going to defend yourself by waving an empty gun? That can get you killed quicker than most any other option. .......

Self-defense is deadly, serious business. Law-abiding citizens care about the law; felons couldn't care less. Never pull a gun unless you are fully prepared to fire it .......
I couldn't agree more with RuffBuff's advice! If you're going to be attacked while you're inside an automobile it's going to happen very fast; and you have the immediate disadvantage of being both confined and sitting down when the attack occurs. All that empty pistol is going to do is help to get you killed!

You'll be better off by simply keeping your windows closed; and never, 'boxing your vehicle in' so that you're unable to immediately step on the gas and flee the scene of the attack. (You should always stop your vehicle in such a way that you're able to see the tires of the vehicle in front of you.) The first line-of-defense when you're inside a vehicle is always the vehicle, itself!

Suggest you forget the, 'empty gun in the glove compartment' idea. You, probably, wouldn't even have time to reach for a loaded gun in the glove compartment. There's a very high probability that an attacker will shoot you the moment you make any sort of fast or furtive movement while you're seated inside a car. (It's a, 'sucker move'!)

NOTE: 'SD' = self-defense, right!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.