Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to have an idea what this pistol might be worth. serial number is F4891. I am assuming it was made by Morarch Arms possibly in 1891 or 1848. it was recently inherited and was an unknown item she had. Thank you for information anyone would provide.

·
Registered
640 Posts
See my post in the General section for more info but proof positive that this is not a gun from the manufacturer or era you mention is the serial number and especially the "Made in Spain" stamp, the latter which is not found on "real" old guns but is on later "replicas" to use that word loosely with this item. And I'll bet it is in English rather than Spanish which is a further large clue.

If you look at the stamping you will see that they look like a pretty modern print type and is fairly clear. A gun of that period and country would have a very different type set (if any, most did not), be difficult to read, not be spaced evenly from letter to letter as well as line to line, very possibly have no brand/model name other than the maker, and not be in English.

So, you are looking at a copy of a generic gun from the early 1800s. As mentioned, they were of lower quality and are not worth much. Their greatest value is as a conversation piece. Sorry, but that is my experience with them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts