Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for a good quality .45 pistol and I can't decide between the springfield XD or glock model 21. Any preferences or different recommendations?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Between the two, it boils down to personal preference. Reliability, accuracy, etc. all seem to be the same (no one tried throwing a XD out of a plane, to my knowledge, but otherwise...) Also try the 21SF if you can...personally, I like the ergonomics a lot better than the standard 21.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've shot them both. They are both nice guns. Don't own either though - have a Glock 36 and two 1911s for my .45s
Pete

G

·
If you don't care for the single action 1911's, you may also want to take a look at the Sig Sauer P220. Excellent quality and reliability.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Re: re: .45 Pistol

Anonymous said:
If you don't care for the single action 1911's, you may also want to take a look at the Sig Sauer P220. Excellent quality and reliability.
Sorry, didn't realize I wasn't signed in.
:oops:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Vinny29 said:
Just looking for a good quality .45 pistol and I can't decide between the springfield XD or glock model 21. Any preferences or different recommendations?

Vinny29,

I would personally go with the XD. It has less felt recoil than that of the glock due to ergonomic's.
Then again, this is MY Personal opinion.

Great gun. cant go wrong with the XD.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not being biased or anything...XD.40 wrote:
I would personally go with the XD. It has less felt recoil than that of the glock due to ergonomic's.
Then again, this is MY Personal opinion.

Great gun. cant go wrong with the XD.
Just jackin' with ya, XD :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
97 Posts
TMats,

LOL... Nope, me not biased at all... Well, ok, I AM....LOL hehehehe :lol: :lol: :wink:

Just took a friend out today to try mine.

I was at the local gun store just looking around, when he (my friend) came up to the counter looking for another pistol. He was looking at the glock 23. He has the Glock 22 already, but wanted something else...Yes, he's a Glock fan... :shock: LOL... anyway, I asked the guy behind the counter if we could look at the XD.40 service. My friend picked it up and fell in Love with the Ergonomics of the XD. So he asked if we could go shoot mine before he decided on a new pistola'. We went for a little drive to the range, came back to the store and he bought the XD. (YES, I converted another Glock Lover) just kidding.... :D

He still love's his G22, but I think with a little time, he'll change his ways too, and start to like the XD better... :wink:

Now this is just My OWN Personal Opinion.

What can I say, the more and more people who try the xd, just love them.

I know that the XD's are not the top of the line, but I would Trust my life and my Families life to my XD.

P.S. I held the new XDm today while at the gun store. I Did NOT like it at all.... Way to Bulky. See , I don't like All XD's... hehehe

As Always, Stay Safe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts