Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to reloading 45 cal ammo. I recently purchased a 460 XVR and love it! Im impressed that it shoots 45 colt, 454 Casull, & 460 S&W. Am i limeted to shooting .452 diameter bullets or is it ok to use .451's? Why is there data for 200 grain Barnes .451" bullets for the 460 S&W but not data anywhere for 200 grain Hornady .451" ect? :shock: I like to stay away from all lead bullets and always stay a grain or two away from "max loads" due to the fact that I want to keep wear & tear on my revolvers down to a minimum as well as keep from "blowing up" my revolver resulting in damadge to my gun or myself.
Basicly i want to know if im limited to .452" bullets when loading for this pistol in any of the three calibers. being able to safely load .451 diameter bullets would open up a wide range of possibilities!

·
Registered
122 Posts
The .451s will be safe enough. The question is really whether your gun will shoot them well. Hornady also makes (or used to) a bullet at .4515. Go figure.
The Barnes bullet may be of tougher construction - is it one of the X-bullets? That S&W, slinging them out at high speed is going to need a tough bullet.
Pete

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.