Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how everyone else feels about Smith & Wesson's 460 XVR. After a couple of years debating on what large caliber revolver to buy, I finally decided on the 460. I like the fact that it will shoot 45 colt, 454 casull, as well as the 460. After shooting the 200 grain Hornady I knew that I had picked a winner. Shooting the revolver single action proved it to be even smoother than the trigger on my 629-2 44 mag. Just for fun I shot a few 45 colt cowboy (appx. 950fps) loads. Talk about fun!! It felt about like shooting a 22 magnum. I wish ammo was a little cheaper. I could shoot this thing all day.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Re: re: 460 XVR

Banshee said:
I love my 460XVR. AT 5lb it is a tad bit heavy
You're in luck.... CDNN is now selling 460s with a 2-3/4 inch barrel (or something about that length.... don't remember for sure). It has to weigh less than the 8" or whatever the standard barrel is. It could even serve for concealed carry..... if you could ever figure out how to conceal that frame and cylinder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.