Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
CheaperThanDirt was the first to hike their prices sky high. They doubled and tripled their ammo and magazine prices overnight. Their sales pitch was "Get 'em while you can," implying that another assault weapons bill or ammo ban was right around the corner. Ammo availability is coming back and prices are already dropping back to earth. There is still no .380 ACP available anywhere and no component primers for reloaders except for 209 shotshell primers. I got a box of CCI Blazer Brass .380 about a month ago from Gander Mountain. I paid $30 and thought I was insane for doing so, but I needed some practice ammo for a pistol that I carry frequently.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

In the last few weeks I've purchased over 2,000 rounds of 9 MM from Wal-Mart for $8.97 @ box. Name brand Federal no less. These rip off artists are charging over 5 times that for off brand .380! I hope people take note of this and remember when things get back to normal in a short time. Bill T.

·
Registered
12 Posts
killerb said:
CheaperThanDirt was the first to hike their prices sky high. They doubled and tripled their ammo and magazine prices overnight. Their sales pitch was "Get 'em while you can," implying that another assault weapons bill or ammo ban was right around the corner. Ammo availability is coming back and prices are already dropping back to earth. There is still no .380 ACP available anywhere and no component primers for reloaders except for 209 shotshell primers. I got a box of CCI Blazer Brass .380 about a month ago from Gander Mountain. I paid $30 and thought I was insane for doing so, but I needed some practice ammo for a pistol that I carry frequently.
Thats strange...I can find small and large rifle and pistol primers but not many 209's down here in Texas..... ?????

$crewed again :(

Don2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts