Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting some 115 grain jhp remington bullets. I will be using winchester brass and unique and titegroup powder. I was wondering what the col would be on these and a good staring point and max charge for the 2 powders. Thanks Tyler

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have reloading manuals. I have been using sierra 115 grain jhp. I have the sierra loading book. That doesn't tell me what col I need for a remington 115 grain jhp. I doubt it will be 1.050 like the sierra bullets.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where did you find 1.115 in the sierra manual for remington 115 jhp? It just basically says not too exceed 1.169. So can I load the bullet to whatever as long as it doesn't exceed that. I have seen alot of people loading at 1.125 to 1.150. Their probably not be much difference in 1.115 then 1.125. Hey thanks for the replys. Tyler

·
Registered
158 Posts
Midway MAP loadbook-no longer published---do not go shorter pressure will go up :oops: You can load longer but keep in mind mag length,ramp of your gun etc.You can always load up a few "dummy" rounds to check for function before loading up a batch

·
Registered
7 Posts
The TiteGroup container lists 4.8 gr as a max load, col of 1.125 resulting in a velocity of 1158. They did not list the barrel length. I use 4.6 gr with a fmj of 115 gr as my range/IDPA loads. I like TiteGroup. Burns very clean and meters very well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Unigue can be loaded at a min of 5.8 to a max charge of 6.1, although i never load to max velocitys, taking into account of not using new brass. (how many times it was reloaded).
Titegroup is usaully used in 38 spec, 357, 44 cal. loadings (heavier type bullets) which leads me to believe it has a medium to slower burning rate.
Generally, rule of thumb for achieving hieghest velocities is to use faster-burning rate powders with lighter bullets and slower-burning rate powders with heavier bullets.
None of the data i have shows titegroup for any 9mm loads.

Accurate no.7 was specifically designed for the 9mm luger, and its performance is most impressive.
A great load for the 115fmjhp will be from 7.9 to 8.8 max charge of accurate No.7. Which will give you a velocity of about 1,192 fps.

Accurate No.7 can be used across the board with all 9mm luger bullet weights from 95gns to 147gns. With all do respect, if i was you and i was intending to load alot of 9mm luger bullets i will maybe pick up a 1lb container of Accurate no.7.

Stay safe, Jack

·
Registered
63 Posts
As was mentioned the Max COL is stated in all manuals. One of the big reasons for this is that you have seated the bullet to a dimension equal to or greater than the diameter of the bullet. Have some one measure the COL of a factory load of the same weight as we are discussing and use as a guide. As long as the powders are acceptible to this caliber its a non issue.
Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.