Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own many shotguns and rifles. Have hunted for years, but never owned a pistol. I will be purchasing in the next week and would love a little help. I would like a 9mm. I am down to a few guns. The Beretta 92fs, Ruger SR9, for more money Sig 225. I know they are different guns, shot hem all and this was what it came down to. Any other suggestions, pros? cons? Looking for help.................

BP

·
Registered
169 Posts
I dont own a 9mm pistol. But when I do decide to get one, it will probably be a Beretta 92. Because it is all steel, and it is very popular. Parts, grips and mags all easy to find.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The only one of that bunch I have any direct experience with is the Beretta. I don't own it any longer, and regret it. It was a good shooter for me and cheap to feed. I had zero problems with mine, but sold it to finance something that was easier to carry.

·
Registered
149 Posts
which one fit your hands better?
which one did you shoot better?
ask yourself are you going to carry this weapon?
do you like the features on the weapon?
for what purpose is the weappn?

look at cost for extra mags. OEMs and aftermarkets

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Re: re: 9mm Insight

Asylum Keeper said:
I dont own a 9mm pistol. But when I do decide to get one, it will probably be a Beretta 92. Because it is all steel, and it is very popular. Parts, grips and mags all easy to find.
I would like to see one of the 92 Steel pistols. All I have seen is photos, and at $1100.00 used that is probably all I will see. :lol:
I can buy two Glocks for that. :shock:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the 92 is a great gun. I shoot very straight with it. It is a larger gun though. The SR9 is a little smaller easier to handle. I do like that the 92 is a little more nostalgic.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I shoot a 92fs, I highly recomend it. It is one of the few guns I have never had a "smith' work on. I have fired win white box fmj to jhp +p loads with out a problem. I just ordered a px-4 storm for my wife for a ccw gun.
Jim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I have made up my mind with the Beretta. The only question I have is the differences between all the models. Whats the difference between the 92fs and lets say the M9 or the 92 vertec or 92d.

BP

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the links. Came in very handy. Nothing beats the timeless look of the 92fs. Probably pick one up this weekend.

BP

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just went through the same process. Went to local store and handled almost a dozen 9mm pistols. the Walther PPS kept floating to the top. They put it on hold and I walked away. Went back yesterday and set the PPS aside without handling it and went through the row. all the Sigs was too heavy, Kahr too small, S&W didnt feel good, tried a bunch more, the Glock 19 came up tops. Then handled the PPS. Bought the Glock. It was great that the shop was willing to take a deposit (with guarantee that it could be credited to any gun), hold the PPS and let me walk away and come back. I probably spend 2 1/2 hours over the two visits handling different 9mm's.

The only one that came close to the comfort of the Glock was a Walther P99 in .40 cal.

toyrfun is 100% right - its all about what feels best in the hand! If I ever start carrying on-person I might go back through the line with a different "eye". But much to my surprise quite happy with the Glock!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I kinda went through the same thing recently but I had a spcific budget. (whatever I could get for trafein on an m-70) I ended up with a Taurus PT 24/7 PRO DS. I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
For a carry gun I'd get a Glock.

The Beretta is too big and clunky, and the trigger is too creepy for me. Most of the soldiers I've been around love it, but they have never fired anything else in their short, young, lives.

Sigs are great, but a tad on the expensive side. Don't like the plastic ones. The ergonomics have changed a bit.

The SR9, though new, seems to be a pretty good gun. It's a good size and holds 17 rounds. Go to YouTube and search for "SR9." There are some pretty good videos there especially a long range segment. I was going to buy a P95 just to have a 9mm plinker, but once I held the SR9 I liked it. I do believe out of the guns you listed, it's the least expensive. More money left for ammo! It shoots the cheap Russian stuff pretty well, too.

·
Registered
297 Posts
SmokinTom said:
I told you Bill knows!!!!!!!!!!! He knows EVERYTHING!!! Thats our Bill.
Thank you Tom. I've missed your fan mail.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts