Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been shooting .44 handguns for a while now, and get to shoot a .22 about once a year. So, I've decided to buy me a .22 pistol. I want something that I can shoot with ease. (I'm mechanically able, just not too inclined) I just want a gun that will shoot relatively accurately without to much superflous screwing around. I've looked at Sportsmans Warehouse and they have some sort of .22 Autoloader for $199. This is a gun that will probably only recieve about 1000 rounds a year, but might, possibly, be hunted with. Mostly it will be shot at targets. Any ideas on what I should get? A revolver certainly isn't out of the question, and would be somewhat preferable to an autoloader, in fact.

SS

·
Registered
160 Posts
Was it a Walther you were looking at? I think the SW by me had those for about that price. My brother has one and he likes it - Like you he puts < 1000 rounds/year through it. He also says its not real picky about ammo either so that's a plus.

For revolvers - check out Ruger

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd recommend a browning buckmark.

I've had two Walther P22's and although they're nice, both have been very picky about ammo. Others have had great luck with them so maybe I just got a couple of lemons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.