Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Re: re: A new 9mm followed me home.

uglydog said:
I would suggest the P3AT as the smaller calibers often have problems with reliable feeding. I don't know what the full reasoning behind this is but it doesn't seem to make a difference as to brand, model, or age of gun.
The .32 ACP is a semi-rimmed cartirdge, meaning it has a rim that sticks out past the base, but just slightly. And the rims don't really operate well with magazine fed semi-automatics.

·
Registered
122 Posts
http://www.answers.com/topic/kel-tec-p-32

The .32 ACP cartridge is also prone to a condition known as 'rimlock'. Because it is a semi-rimmed cartridge, a small portion of the extractor groove protrudes beyond the body of the case. This rim can catch on the extractor groove of the cartridge below it in the magazine. This generally slows the velocity of the slide and increases the likelihood of a malfunction. Rimlock is not a common occurrence with the P-32, but can occur if cartridges are not loaded carefully in the magazine. Magazines intended only for hollow-point ammunition may be modified to increase reliability and to prevent rimlock with the addition of a "flywire", available as an accessory from Kel-Tec. FMJ ammunition is not prone to rimlock; no magazine modifications are required for it to achieve maximum reliability.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.