Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an on-going argument with a friend: he states that the Sig Sauer P220 is better, overall, than the H&K USP. Naturally, I say the opposite. His main point: reliability. Mine:Quality. Can I get some oppinions?

"Dont hit at all, if honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft."

·
Registered
640 Posts
No question about it, the SIG 220. then again, I'm kind of biased as I have a Browning marked one. I have shot the H&K USP a fair bit and it is a good gun also. This is kind of comparing apples to oranges as the HK was designed as a special purpose weapons platform (if I have my models straight, I am not an HK expert) while the SIG was designed as a convenient to carry side arm. If I were forced to carry a handgun into a gunfight, the HK would be a serious contender for my choice otherwise, I would rather carry the 220 on my hip in the unlikely event of getting into a problem. So, pound for pound, give me the SIG as I would probably have it at hand if needed. Otherwise, the HK would be the choice.
As for quality and reliability, they are so close together that it comes down to the individual gun and the person maintaining it. These are top end guns with enough time (especially the 220) to have ironed out the consistant bugs. i'd say you both owe each other a bottle of your favored beverage. Come to think of it, that is a subject worth arguing about.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you have a good point, uglydog, when it comes to apples and oranges. they were definitly designed for different purposes. But, on the other hand, they are aiming at very much the same market. As I am a new member, thanks for your point.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think that they are both quality choices. I myself have a P220 and I love it to death. My little brother has an Hk usp in .45 and that is also a quality gun. I am a big guy and I feel the ergonomics of the sig fit my hand better. I just wish sig made a conversion barrel to turn the P220 into a 10mm or 10mm pistol.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Personally, I'm a Glock 21 guy. BUT there is NOTHING that feels better in your hand than a Sig 220.

I don't know why your buddy thinks the HK is more reliable. The only reason the government went with the Beretta was because it was cheaper than the Sig. They both passed all the tests. I'd trust my life to either.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: re: Alright, pound for pound: Sig or Heckler and Koch

uglydog said:
No question about it, the SIG 220. then again, I'm kind of biased as I have a Browning marked one. I have shot the H&K USP a fair bit and it is a good gun also. This is kind of comparing apples to oranges as the HK was designed as a special purpose weapons platform (if I have my models straight, I am not an HK expert) while the SIG was designed as a convenient to carry side arm. If I were forced to carry a handgun into a gunfight, the HK would be a serious contender for my choice otherwise, I would rather carry the 220 on my hip in the unlikely event of getting into a problem. So, pound for pound, give me the SIG as I would probably have it at hand if needed. Otherwise, the HK would be the choice.
As for quality and reliability, they are so close together that it comes down to the individual gun and the person maintaining it. These are top end guns with enough time (especially the 220) to have ironed out the consistant bugs. i'd say you both owe each other a bottle of your favored beverage. Come to think of it, that is a subject worth arguing about.

I don't usually get into "opinion" type conversations because each person has and opinion and can usually support their point of view. However, this time I noticed your post and thought it funny that I would have posted almost the exact same thing. ONLY exchanging the point of view.

I don't shoot the Sig well and it just does not seem to fit me. The HK's are much more to my liking -- fit wise.

Also, the HK P7 was designed for concealed carry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.