Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im considering buying a G37 (45GAP) and was wondering if anyone had an opinion and or experience with one of these.
Thanks. :D

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I got tired of waiting on yall, so I just bought one so I can see for myself. :wink:
So far I like it, a lot. :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sorry Rev .... Must have missed this when you first posted it. I have the 39. Its my primary concealed carry gun. I really like this gun. I was a little worried at first about accuracy or shall I say - my being able to accurately shoot a 45 in such a small package, but it hasn't been a problem. To me the recoil isn't much different than a 9mm.

My only complaint about it is the lack of and the price of ammo. Around here Winchester 230 gr FMJ's are going for $25.99 now :cry:

I've only reloaded shotshells up to this point, but have been thinking about starting to reload metallic ... just because of this gun. I KNOW I have to be able to do it cheaper ... Especially when we're talking about premium self defense rounds.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After shooting it, I really like it. I don’t really know what I was expecting out of it considering the new caliber. However it has exceeded my expectations.
Like you, I found the recoil to be a little less than anticipated. At this point the only drawback I can see is, as you pointed out, availability and cost of ammo.
Perhaps the GAP will catch on and thus push the price of ammo down a little. Until then I will just bite the bullet, so to speak, and pay the price.
Overall a very good experience, after all its a GLOCK :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Right!!! Hard to go wrong with a Glock.

Like you I'm hoping it catches on. The PA State Police went to 45 GAP (the 37 I believe) a year maybe two ago. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a lot of those guys will like it and buy a 38 or a 39 for their own use, tell a friend that its good, and help make it more popular.

·
Registered
3 Posts
:D Ammo for the .45gap. Go online for best prices and order a case of 20 boxes of 50 rounds.

One place is:

http://www.gt dist.com

The price is $17.00 per box of 50.

Shop around. :D

There are 49 State Police agencies in our USA.

5 are now using the Glock model 37 for duty!

I hope (believe) it will be the new LEO caliber of the

future.

I like the 38 better than the 37 or 39.

That being said; the Newer 37 gen. 4 would now be

my choice!

The new one has a dual spring recoil ass. like the

Glock sub compact guns and are very soft shooting

because of the dual spring recoil ass.

Think about saving your brass and reloading.

·
Registered
160 Posts
sbrenner said:
There are 49 State Police agencies in our USA.

5 are now using the Glock model 37 for duty!
Just curious and OT but ... which state does NOT have a state police agency?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts