Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Some are, some are not. Luck of the draw which one you end up with.

Taurus quality control has some issues.

The bright side is they have good customer service and will fix the problem if you get one that they should have kept from leaving the factory.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had 2 a PT-140 Mil. Pro. .40 cal. and a PT-24/7 .40 cal. both were 100% out of the box and shot to POA. I traded the PT24/7 for a Glock -19 3rd. Gen. Wanted to shoot some 9mm. Still have the PT-140 still 100%
Dave Z

·
Registered
4 Posts
Taurus are very reliable. I now have 5, a PT-1911, PT-111 MilPro, 738 TCP, Model 85UL, and a Judge. I have only had a problem with one, which I sent back to Taurus. They quickly repaired it and sent it back to me (no problems since). I have been impressed with the fit and finish of all of my Taurus pistols. The revolvers are as good as, or better than, the same type in a S&W and I have not experienced any FTF or FTE issues with any of the autos. In general, they are as well designed and built as anything else I have seen in the market place and a lot cheaper than some of the over hyped and overpriced brands.

My $500 1911 will shoot with any other 1911 up to triple its cost and you will not find a 1911 with a forged frame and slide at anywhere near its cost.

My last acquisition was the 738 and in the small .380 class it was one of the best built, best designed, most ergonomic and offered the best trigger of the others, while coming in at a slightly cheaper price and with two mags and a concealment carrying case.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I sure hope they are okay... I just bought a Judge that handles the .45 Colt and the .410 3" shotshells. I even tricked it out with a Crimson Trace laser sight. If I can't hit an intruder I can at least damage his (or her) retina!

·
Registered
2 Posts
just bought a new pt809 9 mm shot five bullets and it locked up took it apart and now it will not go back togather. Trigger seems to be stuck or something looks like I will be seeing how their customer service is. I have not even had time to send in warranty info yet. Hopefully they will fix it. Has anyone else had a problem like that?

·
Registered
2 Posts
update on pistol sent it in and taurus had it back to me within a week. Shooting like a dream hats off to taurus manf. on the quick turn around. I have put about 300 rounds through it with out any trouble at all

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have eleven Taurus® revolvers.
• Mdl 85B2CH 38 Special - 1994
• Mdl 669SS4CP 357 Magnum - 1996
• Mdl 85B2 38 Special - 1997
• Mdl 617SS2 357 Magnum - 2003
• Mdl 605SS3 357 Magnum - 2006
• Mdl 85SS2UL 38 Special - 2007
• Mdl 605SS2 357 Magnum - 2010
• Mdl 425SS4 41 Magnum - 2012
• Mdl 605SS2 357 Magnum - 2012
• Mdl 85SS2UL 38 Special - 2012
• Mdl 992B4 22LR/22MAG - 2013

All have performed superbly and I continue to shoot them all almost every week.

I have only encountered these problems.........
• Mdl 85B2CH broke a firing pin (part# 19) after 11,000+ rounds. I replaced the firing pin & it's still going strong.
• Mdl 85SS2UL had the cylinder stop (part# 44) wear down after 10,000 rounds. Called Taurus® and they shipped the part right away. Installed new cylinder stop and now the gun works fine.

I have zero complaints with Taurus® customer service. The times I had to send a gun in they fixed and returned it when they said they would. Specifically.....................
• March 2009: Mdl 617 developed excessive cylinder to forcing cone gap (.011") after almost 6,000 rounds. I sent it to Taurus® and they replaced the cylinder (part# 8) and adjusted the yoke (part# 9) I've since put 3,000+ rounds through it and it's still going strong.
• August 2012 Mdl 605 had cylinder (failure to advance) problem. Taurus® deemed the gun to be unrepairable and via FedEx® sent me a brand new gun.
• August 2012 Mdl 85SS2UL had cylinder (failure to advance) problem. Taurus® sent prepaid shipping label and gun was repaired & returned in 1 week.

I will not hesitate to buy additional Taurus® revolvers. They are an outstanding value.

Here is a wealth of Taurus® information..........

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive owned many Taurus revolvers over the years, they had a few issues many years ago when they first started out but they got the bugs worked out and now make a top notch revolver! I'll buy a Taurus before a Smith anyday, every Taurus Ive ever had would shoot right with its Smith look a like

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.