Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I read here often but don't much at all. But I have some questions for you.

I have been half-heartedly window shopping for a small cal. pistol for a while now. My brother found a Baby Browning in a pawn shop where he lives about 35 miles down the road from me in the same state. It has been there so long that there was so much dust on it you could almost not make out any stamping on it. You can tell it a little worn from carrying and it has been used it is not a closet queen by no means. He shop is asking $200 for it but since my brother knows the guy he said would do far better than that just to move it because he is in his mid 70's and thinking about retiring and doing some fishing.

My question is. Are these good little guns for plinking with or what ever? Wife has said several times she would like to have a small pistol here at the house "just in case". She does not like my glock to much. Are they bad about stove piping and such. Do any of you have one and what are your likes and dislikes of them?

Thanks Eggman

·
Registered
640 Posts
I have one and it is a neat little gun for others to say, "How cute" over. The 25 ACP is a rather anemic round with little to say for it other than it tends to go off much more reliably than a similar pistol in 22 LR. Between expensive ammo, often does not like anything but full metal jacketed bullets (FMJ), very inefficient regarding stopping, poor handling due to small size, inaccurate because of poor sights, and can be kind of finicky regarding ammo types and cleaning, it si not a bad gun. Myself, I would probably buy it as the price is not bad (if one can get it below $200) and I have an inane attraction for these small guns. I carry mine as a back up to the back up and hope I never have to resort that far. I find a medium or even small framed 38 Special to be a much more practical gun than these small vest pocket guns.
If one wants a plinking gun, nothing beats a hangun in 22LR for that purpose. It would be just as serviceable as the Baby Browning in 25 ACP and be much more economical to shoot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks uglydog. I think I will check out it again and maybe go ahead and pick it up. But I already know who will lay claim to it if I do pick it up since she has said many times lately about wanting a small pistol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.