Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My place of employment is moving it's office from the suburbs to the city. It seems that I will have to park a few blocks away or more in a parking garage and walk to the office building. I reguarly work late into the night and would like to carry one of my handguns concealed. However, I don't think it would be practical to have it on my body at the office. I just want to have it for that walk back and forth.

I guess my question is, does anyone know of a backpack that is made to conceal a handgun? Can a holster be mounted securely and secretly into a backpack so that it can be accessed quickly if necessary? I would also like something large enough to carry a laptop computer back and forth also. I hate briefcases and computer bags - a backpack is more my style.

Any feedback or ideas from some people who may use this sort of setup would be appreciated.

·
Registered
606 Posts
blunt said:
...... Can a holster be mounted securely and secretly into a backpack so that it can be accessed quickly if necessary?......
Not as far as I know.

Get a good pocket holster or IWB holster, and transfer it to and from the backpack as needed.

I presume you have a CCW permit?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Someone does, or at least did make one. For the life of me, I can't remember who. I saw it in some magazine somewhere. It had a hidden bottom zippered compartment to stow a handgun in separate from the main compartment. It was set up so that you could unzip it and access the compartment while wearing the backpack and the zipper was covered by a flap so it just looked like a seam where the fabric was stitched together. Try Maxpedition.

·
Registered
240 Posts
It's been expressed but to make a hand gun effective it has to be quickly assesable. Find a holster that fits well and if you have to when you arrive at work go into the restroom and put it in the back pack. Then before leaving work, do the oposite, go to restroom and put it on.

Other than that the fanny pack toivo offered is the only option I've seen. Then again how many fanny packs do you see people wearing?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.