Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much difference is there in power between the 40 and the 357 sig? Looking at the ballistics (spelling) It seemed that the 357 was faster and had more knock down power. I'm looking for the "perfect" gun to shoot paper with my buddies have a good caliber to carry if I feel the need and when I'm bowhunting for bear or dear in the 2-3 miles back in the bush in the U.P. of MI have someting on my side that would be enough if needed.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Ah yes, the quest for the perfect caliber, can be illusive. I personally feel that the .40 is very close to being an all around caliber, i.e. G22, G23, G27, G35, and G24. However if I were using my gun for a bear backup it would have to be a G20, 10mm auto, for the extra power. And if I were using it with the understanding I might have to shoot through a car door or sloping windshield I would choose the 357Sig as the Texas DPS did. For a face to face with a bad guy the 9mm or the 45 would be fine. However the 9mm is a little light and the 45 a little slow, they both can be deflected by a windshield and other auto surfaces. So again I feel that for an all around caliber it would be hard to beat the .40. This is only my opinion, I hope it helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts