Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I've been having a terrible problem with this handgun. It seems everytime I pull the slide back and release it the shell gets caught on the ramp of the barrel that is supposed to guide the shell into place. I know the barrrel was designed after the free floating 1911 barrel but it should lock in when the slide comes back and the ramp should be even with shell almost. however there is about a centimeter gap there. I dunno how describe it any better than that. I'd really appreciate any ideas from anyone with a P89 or 90 they are built the exact same. Thanks.

·
Registered
175 Posts
For what its worth, and perhaps for the sake of simplicity put pressure up on the base of the magazine and try the amse actions.
These guns had very little problems as far as I know and very seldom, if ever failed for any reason after many thousands of rounds.
But one of the few they did have was loose magazines. Sometimes they just don't lock up as tight as they should.
Try it and let me know if it happens after the mag is secured.
Also, what ammo are you feeding or trying to feed?

Many times it seems autos when new are a little finiky about feeding soft point or hollow point ammo to begin with. But after 4 or 5 huindred rounds the problem goes away.

UncleFudd

1 - 2 of 2 Posts