Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any experiences with these guns? I have a chance to buy one and am curious about it. I've researched several articles online, and come up with mixed reviews.

If you own one please tell me about it. Also the gun I'm looking at is in ok condition. Not great, but not trash either. Any ideas on the value of these guns.

Thanks

Goldhky

·
Registered
147 Posts
re: Beistegui Hermanos "Ruby" Semi-automatic pisto

I have a Ruby, made by a different manufacturer for French Army service in WWI - I am assuming you are talking about the .32 ACP military pistol.
Problem with the Ruby pistols is they were made by so many different makers - parts may not interchange and have to be made if something breaks. Mine has 2 stars on the butt indicating it was accepted and used by France in WWI.
Many of the better made Ruby pistols found their way around Europe and saw use in WWII, and I am told some even went with the French to Vietnam and were later captured and used by the VietCong.
Mine is very crude, but shoots very well and still works perfectly.
They are very interesting collectables - I would not carry one, just because mags and parts are very expensive and there are better pistols around now, but I am very happy to have mine just to own one. They are nearly 100 years old and are a piece of history.

mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.