Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully someone out there may have insight as to why I am unable to remove the slide on my Beretta 84. The directions are basic and easy to follow; but the upper does not slide off the frame after the pin is depressed and the lever is rotated downward. It slides forward about 1/2 inch before it stops. It fires fine and is in great shape. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The frame can take a bit of battering where the guide rod goes into the frame. This can "peen" the opening to be a bit too small for the guide rod head to fit back out through. The guide rod will move forward until it hits the smaller part of the hole in the frame. Fix as you see fit, I gently reamed the "lip" off the hole.

The following is not recommended (but worked for me). Use at your own risk:

I used controlled force (tapping with a light thumper) to move the slide forward after it stopped after that 1/2 inch or so. But remember the frame is aluminum and might break.

YoVinnie

·
Registered
2 Posts
First, the magazine has to out of the pistol.

After assembling the main parts, I pull the slide back and lock it in place. Then I press the latch release button on the left side of the gun and move the slide to the 3 or 9 o'clock position. I release the slide slowly and move the latch to the correct position. Sometimes the slide has to be moved slightly for the latch to move back up.

Tony

·
Registered
1 Posts
So my Beretta 84 has the usual take-down issue of jamming when the take-down lever is rotated, and the slide/barrel/recoil guide&spring won't slide forward and off the frame. It does come apart nicely if you jack it back to the slide hold-back and let it fly forward and off into a pillow or couch. But basically, the recoil guide rod won't stay in the small under-barrel notch where it is supposed to ride. My Browning BDA does NOT have this issue, and yet the two are so similar to be identical twins...........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.