Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I'm new to this fourm and fairly new to Beretta. I bought a new 92FS a few months ago and so far love it. I have a question for those of you with more Beretta experience. I've put around 1500 rounds through this pistol and in that time have had 2 failure to extract occurences. The first one happened at around 1000 rounds. I removed the extractor and cleaned it and the channel. The second came today after around 500 rounds since the extractor cleaning. Interesting that both of these happened with the Federal Walmart ammo (maroon and black box). Could be coincidence or ammo specific. I've heard the stories of guys with x thousand rounds and never a hiccup and I don't doubt that but am wondering what is a reasonable expectation. Are 2 occurances in 1500 rounds a cause for concern or just one of those things that happens to all autoloaders from time to time? Just looking for some real world feedback.

This pistol seems to perfer hotter 124 grain rounds but has run well with all the other major 115 grain offerings. Works great with my SD choice (Winchester Supreme Elite +P).

I'd appreciate any feedback you Beretta guys can offer. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hiya Marb! Sounds like you were on the right track removing the extractor and spring and giving them a good cleaning. I would lean more towards ammo than anything. Ive never had a single problem with any of my Berettas. I typically use remington ammunition, but Im sure the federal was fine too. If it ever happens again, before manually extracting the casing, inspect the extractor ring on the casing. My guess is thats where your culprit will be. Be safe and God Bless!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The fact that it happened with the same ammo should be a BIG clue. If it seems to like a particular type then stay with that.

It is a good idea to clean the extractor as well as the firing pin on autos.

I read where an extractor problem with some 1911 types could be cured with a slight amount of careful bending of the extractor

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.