Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying the 92 inox, I want to know what people like about it and dont like about it. One of my big concerns is will it be to big to carry?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have one that I bought through CDNN .Since then I have gone on a Beretta binge and bought a Compact and two Centurions. The latter have the same firepower and would be more desirable for carry. Having said that, I can think of many more concealable guns with greater firepower. Almost any gunstore is going to have a full sized 92 in inventory. Find one and stick it in your belt and see what YOU think since you will be the one carrying it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a Beretta 92 and an old Taurus 92. I really like both of them. I have written here before and my primary pistol is a 1911, but I like the 92's as well. I am 5'6" and 160 pounds so it is easier for me to carry and conceal a 1911. However, given a good holster design and a good belt, I have no problem carrying the 92.

I have asked for advice on what holster people like to carry their 92 but my Galco Shoulder holster and a Don Hume IWB seem to do a good job so I'll probably stick with them. So, if you like your 92 and trust it, find a good system to carry it in and more power to you. It is a fine gun.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I had a 92 that I used to carry. The gun was a good shooter for me and I never had any trouble with it. Pretty accurate and ate everything I fed it. It was however a PITA FOR ME to carry. Probably was the holster, but I spent way too much time in regards to clothing selection.

Eventually I sold it to finance a sub-compact Glock, which is much easier to conceal. Looking back on it - I should have kept the 92 just for plinking.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There is really no need to add this, but I actually own two Beretta 92's - statinless steel version and a black version (plus the Taurus). My son, however, must think that I died and his inheritance was the SS Beretta. because he took it home a couple of years ago and the only time I see it now is when he is wearing it. It is a good gun, a little big maybe, but a real good gun.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have an INOX, I love it. It eats every round I've tried to feed it...mostly cheapo PMC, CCI blaser, or White box for target shooting. One jam in the first mag ever shot, after that...thousands of rounds later...never any issue. Easier to field strip and clean than my 1911 too. I put hogue grips on it with the finger grooves...it's just an all around pretty gun.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just a quick add...my wife likes shooting this gun the best out of the collection, maybe it's the hogue finger grips, but I thought I'd add this little tidbit as she's shot quite a few, and the recoil and sights feel the best to her.

B

1 - 7 of 7 Posts