Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was stationed in Italy while serving in the US Air Force, in 1984-85. While there I purchaced a Beretta pistol, the 30 lugar as mention above.
It was new at the time of purchace and never fired until I returned to the US. I gave this pistol to my brother never really to be seen again. He recently passed away and his wife returned the pistol to me this week. I can't find any info on this model on-line. I spoke to Beretta USA today, they found a tidbit of info on the model, but since it was only made in Italy, they couldn't help too much. Here is the information and markings on the pistol if anyone could be of any help. I don't want to sell, but would like to know it's value for insurance purposes.

right side of firearm markings; PB Patented-Cal.7.65 Parabellum
MOD 99-CAT.3571
(right trigger guard) AM

left side of firearm markings; PIETRO BERETTA GARDONE V.T. - MADE IN ITALY
SERIEL # A09224X

I was told at time of purchace and today by Beretta USA, the 30 lugar Parabellum barrel was interchangeable with the 9m Parabellum

·
Registered
231 Posts
elrod, welcome to the forum.

I know nothing about the Beretta's but you can take a look at "gunbroker.com" and do a search for "Beretta 7.65" and see if any of the ones currently for sale look like yours.

I found Model 81's, and 82's.

The 7.65 MM is a .32 ACP caliber and the 9 MM Parabellum or Luger is a .35 caliber so I don't understand the comment about the barrels being interchangeable.

However must more intelligent/knowledgeable folks than I will be along to comment!!

Sorry about your brother . . . glad you have your pistol back.

Enjoy

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too was stationed in Italy 1984-1988 and bought a Beretta, 7.65 parabellum. On my right side is stamped the same except Mod 98 Cat. 2673. Looks like a small version of the model 92. From what I have found on the next, Beretta no longer makes this model, and has reissued the Model 98 tag for new models. The 7.65 parabellum is a 30 luger round. Haven't a clue about what the value would be. Nice small pistol to carry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts