Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comapact 9mm 3 1/2 Barrel or Less. Opinons on which ammo is best. Please Exclude any and all +P types.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: re: Best 9mm Ammo for CCW .... What's Your Opinon?

Alert said:
normally I say Federal Hydra Shok but I found some Triton Quik Shoks so
Trion Quik Shoks are Pre Frag Bullets are they not? Will they really stop a bad guy, will they produce a deep enough wound channel fast enough like a JHP would?

·
Registered
640 Posts
The prefragmented rounds will produce a wider and quicker wound channel than a normal HP, problem might be that they don't penetrate enough. In a short barreled gun, one usually has the best luck using lighter bullets as they are faster which is needed for a bullet to expand. Otherwise you are doing nothing more than using expensive hardball ammo. I would not use anything heavier than a 115 gr HP which means there are still alot of choices out there. If +P is definitely not possible, I would look for the fastest 100-115 gr hollowpoint I could find in "standard" loadings. Many of these are only a few feet per second slower than +P so I don't see why one should avoid the faster loadings. Hydra Shock, Gold Dot, XTP, Gold Saber, are some of the bullet names I'd be looking at. I am not much of a fan of the "trick" bullets as I feel one needs to put a couple hundred rounds through a gun to verify functionability and they are just too expensive to justify the results with the cost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts