Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the best conceal idea at the Gun show today. A guy had a small .25 cal in a camera case. you can attach it to your belt and no one would think twice. thought i'd share!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I tried that with a .40 S&W derringer for a while. The Derr. was just too heavy... I walked sideways.
Sounds like a really good carry with a .25!
///olde 8) pharte///

·
Registered
33 Posts
gkk1011 said:
I saw the best conceal idea at the Gun show today. A guy had a small .25 cal in a camera case. you can attach it to your belt and no one would think twice. thought i'd share!
Go with a KelTec .380 more power in about the same size package.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I didn't see this post when it first came out but the concept is not overly new. Back in the early to mid-1980s I saw fliers of pagers that were "modified" to fire 22 LR and 25 ACP cartridges and by 1990 the technology was applied to cell phones. The first ones came from the Eastern Bloc countries as I recall, later ones came from all over including the street. Velocity and penetration was fairly poor as there was very little barrel to speak of but I still would not want to be hit with one. My take on them was they were not meant to be a stand off weapon so much as a contact weapon. With the muzzle pushed against the body, there is no place left for the gases to go except into your opponent. Whatever affect you got from the bullet was only icing on the cake. I believe these were designed with much the same concept as the cane gun used by the Bulgarians to deliver a poisoned dart to a dissident in London back in the 1970s. It isn't for defense but assassination.
22 LR and 25 ACP were chosen as their small diameters allowed for the cartridge and barrel plus firing mechanism to fit into the case. They each had their advantages, the 22 operated at a lower pressure so making a safe chamber and barrel was easier while the 25 ACP had a much more reliable ignition. I personally would prefer my Baby Browning in 25 ACP to this item as the sight of a gun, any type of gun, is a great deterrent. If the object is not recognized as a gun, then it is much more likely to need to be used in an emergency.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts