Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best pistol caliber incase of a zombie attack? it has to be able reliably penetrate a zombies skull but also can do a little damage if you miss the head. it also has to be widely available. what about in the case of raiders.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Go with any of the ZOMBIE Green ammo out there. I think the 45 is hard to beat for ZOMBIE Headshots.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
milangee said:
What is the best pistol caliber incase of a zombie attack? it has to be able (to) reliably penetrate a zombies skull but also can do a little damage if you miss the head. it also has to be widely available. what about in the case of raiders.
I used to have contempt for this topic, and have frequently wished that people wouldn't post on this subject. (I don't believe in zombies; I only believe in some really sick people.) Then I wandered into my first organized, 'Zombie Shootout'. It turned out to be the most fun I've had with a gun in my hands in years - Years!

I went through 173 fired rounds in, something slightly less than, 8 minutes! I, 'dusted' the entire course: moving targets, stationary targets, partially obscured targets, and surprise pop-up targets! I was firing while moving: forwards, backwards, sideways, and after stepping behind cover. I loved it!

In the right hands, any quality semiautomatic pistol will suffice. You'll do more reloading, and have to carry more extra magazines if you use a 1911 pattern pistol, though. I was using a Glock Model 19 with three 17 round magazines when I ran that zombie course. I also had an 8 shot, 32 ACP, backup pistol in my front left pocket; but I didn't need to use it; and I double and triple tapped every target on the course.

Fun! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love this article! Seriously! A .22 is just right for most situations. Ammo is relatively cheap and you’re best off with a gun you’ve shot a 1000 times then some expensive ammo ‘impress the guys at the shooting club’ beast that you’ve shot twice. So often survivalist think that they’ll morph into Agent .007 or Chuck Norris when and if something happens, when in reality moderation and realism are much, much more effective planning strategies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts