Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,some will claim I'm bias, but I actually went seeking the best defensive pistol possible for myself. I own and love the 1911 government model, but have heard the bold comment that under stress and duress that the single action trigger could mean a unsuspecting rd going off when you don't intend for it so besides my trusty .38, I went on a search for over 6 months handling almost every auto pistol that I took a liking to, which was many! My opinion for what it is worth, NONE came close to the handle,grip and feel of the old 1911, with the exception of a Sig p6 which I bought. None had a trigger as crisp and as nice as a 1911, none were as accurate,and as far as I'm concerned none as more reliable then the 1911 a reason they are still widely in use to day by so many including LE and spec ops. The only drawback the 1911 is for those that are true shooters and realize nothing replaces training not only for accuracy but for safety and that you have to maintain it. Now plenty out there will argue I don't have to clean my Glock for 1000 rds with no problems, in that case they shouldn't own a gun in the first place, every person should know how to break down there pistol and should know to clean after using,proper maintainence is after all safety! laziness is irresponsibility! Maybe with some trigger work I can get the Sig p6 close to being my carry gun! but if I know I'm going into a bad area my 1911.45 will be strapped on me, again training is needed,constant training,especially if its your carry gun,force on force training will give you the expertise to help with that SA trigger for defensive purposes!That's my opinion, not to offend you DA guys or others,I love all guns and makes,would love to have a glock if they would make one that felt right in my hand but they don't,to bad otherwise there a awesome pistol,in the end you just can't beat a 1911.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Everyones entitled to their own opinion. I love 1911s. For defensive carry though, I would probably shy away from them because of size/mag cap. (Typically speaking.)

MY personal opinion is that there's nothing a 1911 could do that a glock couldn't :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just got a Kimber Crimson Ultra Carry II and a Crossbreed holster and love them both.Cannot believe how accurate that three inch barrel is.Traded a Glock in on it because I couldn't get used to trigger and 1911 is slimmer.

·
Registered
218 Posts
My opinion is that the 1911 pistol tricked out will in the accuracy dept, blow a Glock away every time. I have had Springfield Armory, Kimber and Colt 45's and in the best Grouping contest there was none. The 1911's have it hands down. Just my personal experience. Shot placement is the name of the game and it only takes one good one!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Re: re: Best Pistol

bhutch0468 said:
Just got a Kimber Crimson Ultra Carry II and a Crossbreed holster and love them both.Cannot believe how accurate that three inch barrel is.Traded a Glock in on it because I couldn't get used to trigger and 1911 is slimmer.
I bought an Ultra Carry II with Crimson Laser grips about a year ago..... I totally agree with you.... very good feel and mighty accurate !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.