Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know everyone is different and have opinions based on experience. That being said, where do you find is the best place on your body to conceal your weapon? What are the pros and cons for where you carry it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think there are many variables that determine what and where I carry. :eek:
Weather/clothes I can wear, determine what weapon I will use and that often determines where I carry it.
A coat or jacket will hide my XD 45ACP in a paddle holster well so I carry it on my strong side hip. If only a shirt is worn, such as in hot weather and I want to carry a heavy like the XD, I'll use an inside waistband on the right kidney.

Again with the coat or jacket I may carry a compact 45 in a hi-ride hip holster or a paddle. Also have a shoulder rig but that is something I use with a sport coat or suit coat. :wink:

There are times when I feel the need for arms but don't want much bulk so I carry a Model 36 S&W on the hip in a paddle but it doesn't hide well with a shirt only. I'll also carry the revolver in a coat pocket. Have also been known to carry a PPK that way or simply in my waste, no holster. Have a shoulder holster for that too.

I'm a big fellow, with much baggage in the stem so a cross draw is no longer practical. :shock: The small of the back is to far away for me too. :( I have begun to wear undershirts even in summer to keep the steel away from my bacon. :roll:

Where I am it is not essential to eliminate the imprint of a weapon, only to cover it, to be legal. I don't mind if people can easily identify the fact I am armed. Have only had one incident where someone complained to an eatery owner that I had a gun. He smiled and told them if they were uncomfortable with that perhaps they should move or leave. :lol:

·
Registered
160 Posts
For me its strong side just behind the hip in a IWB holster. Same gun, same holster, same position. Winter, summer, spring, or fall. Usually don't have to worry about tucking the shirt in - so I don't bother trying.

For me, I'm more comfortable keeping everything consistant and the same.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'm like Captn66, strong side all the time. It is where I wear my weapon when on duty and in uniform though off duty I use an IWB holster to help further hide my weapon. I just about always carry a full sized pistol as hiding one is not all that difficult for me, even when wearing shorts and a T-shirt. I keepeverything in thesame general area as it is how I train and practice. When in a stressful situation, the more you can do correctly by instinct, the better off you are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.