Pistol World Forums banner

Blackhawk hammer swap?

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  huntswithdogs 
#1 ·
Hi guys. The hammer on my new Blackhawk 357 is just to short or my thumb is too short. I can't reach it without changing my grip. I think the Bisley hammer has more drop and would be about the right angle for me to reach.
Does anyone know if this swap has ever been made.? Actually the hammer isnt too short , its just the upward angle that puts it out of my reach unless I shift my handhold.
Of the 3 357 mags this one is going to get the most use and it might as well feel good to shoot. And the Bisley hammer looks neat.

#2 ·
It can be done. The "hump" on the stock Bisley hammer has to be ground off so it will fit the gripframe, however.

In addition, I think there are aftermarket Bisley hammers that may be more or less "drop-ins," but can't find a link this morning. David Clements sells SBH hammers with a bisley spur and will also provide and install a Bisley hammer in a new model Blackhawk.

http://www.clementscustomguns.com/handguns/options.htm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.