Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Allston, which is technically part of the city of Boston. I received my class A firearms license a couple of years ago, but on the front of it, it says "restrictions: no concealed carry".

Now, I don't necessarily intend on carrying much, but would like to exercise my rights as much as the next man.

I guess I could move to the next town over, but I'd rather not move.

From my understanding, unless I'm employed by an organization warranting concealed carry, I cannot get that restriction lifted.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WD,

Good to hear from you again, it's been a while eh? My bad, haven't been on in a bit.

I'm moving to Natick...hopefully a bit better than 'ol Allston. I just got married a week ago, and we're ready to get out of the city. Luckily, she's cool with my hobby...not like another post we're both commenting on...

I'm really just hoping that I can get my restriction lifted in Natick. Will the restriction to begin with go against me? Only time will tell.

My collection grows, but my CCW holster collection does not...ha!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Blamm-O said:
WD,

Good to hear from you again, it's been a while eh? My bad, haven't been on in a bit.

I'm moving to Natick...hopefully a bit better than 'ol Allston. I just got married a week ago, and we're ready to get out of the city. Luckily, she's cool with my hobby...not like another post we're both commenting on...

I'm really just hoping that I can get my restriction lifted in Natick. Will the restriction to begin with go against me? Only time will tell.

My collection grows, but my CCW holster collection does not...ha!
Congrats on getting married, Get the wife to join the forum as well. No Idea what your restrictions are so hard to say if they will follow you. Let us know how that works for you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just thought I'd trhow out a quick update on this thread. I moved to Natick two months ago, and did all the necessary change of address stuff.

The Natick police said that Boston still controls my license for the next 3 years until it expires, so I called the Boston Police. The guy in charge of licenses said there was no way that he would lift the restriction, and that the only way to get it lifted would be by the Natick Police if they chose to re-issue my LTC in their town, which they don't want to do until my current one is expired.

So, after all that, my restriction is still there, even though I moved out of Boston, and both police departments seem to want nothing to do with the responsibility of lifting the restriction. I guess my only option without really raising a stink is to just wait the 3 years, and re-apply.

Meh...could be worse I guess, now that I'm out of the cuty, I have less reason to carry anyway...still bugs me though.

Anyway, that's my update.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Paul,

We live less than a mile from your old stomping grounds then, on Kansas st off of Main.

I would love to end up in NH some day, where the laws are normal and fair...when my wife and I are ready to buy a house, NH is high on my list for locations.

Thanks for the input. If I'm still in Natick when the permit expires, we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
297 Posts
OK, please enlighten this poor old Southern boy. You have a Class A license. What the heck does that mean if you can't carry a gun? No concealed carry, and I'm sure that means no open carry either.

Down here our state issues a Gun License. That means you can carry a gun, concealed if you want to, or open if you want to.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why they do it, I have no idea. I'm pretty sure it's just in Boston, I guess to keep the 2nd amendment out of harms way, but to limit the number of idiots carrying. It's not fair or right in my opinion...and when I moved out of the city, that restriction should have been lifted without argument.

MA sucks for lawful gun owners. They're trying to pass a bill now that limits gun purchasing to 1 per month...what the heck will that do???

In short, I can't explain why I have a class A permit and can't carry. It lets me own it and practice with it...but doesn't do me any good when I'm threatened out on the streets.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes. I had to jump through quite a few hoops to get it in Boston, including going to qualify on the BPD firing range, taking a firearms safety course, joining and having a certified letter from a bona fide gun club (which included another safety course for their ranges), applying for and interviewing with the BPD, and paying exorbanant amounts of money along the way.

But hey, at least I have it, and that's what counts in the end. The restriction sucks, I feel slighted in that regard, but I'm better off than many others in this state that don't have the option to defend their homes.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Can you just show your license to buy another gun, or do you have to go through this silly process again?

Amazing. The state that gave us the Minutemen who fought for our freedom would make us slaves to the government all over again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, every gun I buy, I just need to show my license again. At least that part's easy, however, they usually put a five day hold on my pistols.

For being liberal in many ways, there are some serious conservatives running around up here ruining things for the good guys...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.