Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. My first post on this forum. Thanks for having me.

I bought a new Glock G19 today. Have fired it about 25 rounds with bulk (250 to box) of Remington 115 gr FMJ.

My most important reason for buying this gun was reliability. I have read more positive comments about the Glock's reliability--by far--than reliable comments about any other semi-auto handgun.

Positive

Light weight
Very easy take-down
Consistent trigger pull weight and feel
Lots of rounds (15) for it's size

Negative

Checkered backstrap little painful to palm of hand after awhile
Magazine release buttom cumbersome
Loading round 14 and esp. 15 in magazine difficult. Takes lots of finger pressure.
Have not tried speed loader that came with it so this might help.

Don

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase, I too own a G19. I love mine and Im sure you will love yours too. They are accurate, reliable, and hold 15 +1. Enjoy it. :wink: :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
IMHO, you own the perfect Glock! I love the 19!!!! Definately use the mag loader, #15 will make your eyes bug out trying to get it in! Shoot and enjoy!

Pat

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: re: Bought new Glock G19 today

Pat T said:
IMHO, you own the perfect Glock! I love the 19!!!! Definately use the mag loader, #15 will make your eyes bug out trying to get it in! Shoot and enjoy!

Pat
Pat,

About the magazine loader. Seems awkward to me. I must not be using it right. Using instructions from my owners manual. The 14th and 15th rounds are hard to load and wonder if I might damage magazine lips due to all the pressure I have to apply.

Don

·
Registered
31 Posts
Some mags seem to be made a little tighter than others, I have a couple that nearly hum like a guitar string when the 15th round is finally loaded, but seem to function fine. I have not noticed lip deformation because of the pressure. My suggestion would be to just use the heck out of it and see if it doesn't loosen up a tad. If it's really bad, you may want to disassemble it and see if there is any flashing inside that's binding things up.

On the really tight mags I sit the mag on a hard flat surface and press down pretty hard with the mag loader to get #15 in.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I own a Glock 19 too. At first all three mags were very difficult to get the 15th round in. I loaded all three of mine to capacity and store them that way. Now, about a year later, they're much easier to fill up, even without the speedloader that the pistol came with.

You'll really enjoy the gun and don't worry about the checkered grip, that's a GOOD thing, you'll get used to it after time. It really helps you hold on to the gun while firing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The speedloader is the tits once you get used to using it. It takes a few mags to get the rhythm down and to get a feel of lifting the loader once you get the round butted into the mag a bit. The 15th is a challenge. When I first got my 19, I had to mash the mag with the loading tool into my chest with my strong arm to get the clearance needed to get the 15th in. After putting a few boxes through it and storing the mags loaded for a couple months, it's gotten much more manageable.

Never experienced discomfort from the checkering but I turn wrenches for a living and my hands are toughened up a bit.

I'm still getting used to the trigger. My groups aren't as good as I'd like them to be. I think I might drop the $10 to get the New York and Miami trigger mods and see if that helps at all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Get an Uplula. www.maglula.com

Works on my .380, 9mm and .45. I can load 2 G19 mags in less than 45 seconds and the 15th is easy to do. It's a great gadget and I do not work for them or get "bennies". Just get one, you'll love it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought one two weeks ago and love it. You just can't go wrong with a Glock. I have a G 26 also. :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts