Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a 22 for plinking at the range. Like the way a Browning Buckmark urx feels. Any owners and opinions?

Thanks

Toyman

·
Registered
297 Posts
The Ruger and the Browning have been the top two sellers for 30 years or more. When I was in the business of selling guns, these two probably made up 90% of our sales. Ruger by far #1, the Buck Mark #2. S&W used to have an excellent .22, the 2206, but it was too expensive to make I guess, and they dropped it. Pity, it was butt ugly, but probably the best of the three.

You can't go wrong with the Browning. If you like the way it feels in your hand, then Bubba you've got yourself a winner. They shoot great and you'll have no trouble ordering extra magazines from almost anywhere. Good prices on them at CDNN. They are also easier to strip down and reassemble than the Ruger. It was always funny to watch guys bring in their Rugers in pieces and tell us they needed a little help getting them back together. Never had a Browning owner do it.

I know I'll probably get flamed now by Ruger owners saying, "Hey it ain't hard. Ya just gotta tilt your head to the right, stick your tongue up and out to the left, hold your left elbow under water, and . . . " Oh well. :mrgreen:

Think that Buck Mark Micro looks pretty cool. 4" is plenty barrel.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Thank you Tom! You're so kind. You have such nice things to say. :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts