Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be visiting Nevada and Arizona in the next few months and am thinking about picking up a pistol or two while on the road. I have looked at both of these states' firearms laws and it appears that there should not be a problem.

http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/

I am concerned about residencey requirements but find none mentioned. Anyone have any experience with this scenario?

Thanks!

few

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Federal law says you can only purchase a handgun in the State that you actually reside in.

You can purchase shotguns and rifles in States other than your State of residence, but only if the sale is legal in both States.

·
Registered
159 Posts
You would have to have the shop ship the handgun to a FFL licensed dealer to do a transfer in your home state. That FFL holder will probably want a transfer fee if they are willing to do the transfer at all. A lot of dealers will refuse to do a transfer on a firearm that they carry or could order. The transfer fee and shipping often makes a good buy into just an average deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.